There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 1 April 2013

Hippity Hoppity Easter Boppity!

 
It seems like only a few days ago when I was waxing lyrically about my love of all-things-EASTER, simply because of all the scrummy yummy chocolate that Easter involves! It was with this thought in mind that I realised that I have been blogging for over a year! It seems like  yesterday that I posted EASTER PARADE  WOW! How time flies..... and what fun I have had rambling on about my crafty/cooking/home life here on the Estate! So It only follows that before I start to ramble once again I need to say, thank you my beautiful peeps, that you all keep coming back to read my blog!
 
So Easter is once again upon us and to be perfectly honest with you this year I was not so very enthusiastic about it..... As I mentioned I have been poorly and even managed to have a little stint in hospital. Now honestly you all know me by now and Oh-The-HORROR of me not being excited about Easter, and all the yummy brown stuff,tell you what sort of mood I am in ....  But as the days  marched on toward Easter, the joy that is my Little Madame, was getting more and more excited and when she asked what we were doing for her friends this year I knew it was time to get my voluptuous rear end in gear and start to plan....
 
So what to do?? I remembered that a few weeks back I had pinned a few gorgeous ideas onto a Easter board on Pintest, so I popped on and checked it out and was immediately  a little more enthusiastic.... Sweet little RAG BUNNY's for all the little girls(I must admit that I am a bit relieved that there are no boys in her class this year - unisex gift were difficult!) I also saw a gorgeous ideas for bunny tails, but more on that later.......
 
So I printed out a template for the bunny and set to work, there was absolutely  no rocket science involved is these little creatures and hardly any work as you simply have to cut them out, sew them up , stuff them(I enlisted the help of Little Madame and my Mother here) and they were done in no time at all! Honestly, it was an afternoon's work!
 
 
Cut,Sew,Stuff,Ribbons and Tails
 
A Bag Full Of Stuffed Bunny's
The next day over a coffee and some biscuits, I tied little bows around their necks and gloppy glued on some pompoms as tails and they were done and they are soooooo sweet! I want to keep them all - I told you I have parting-with -things issues!
 
 Easter Bunny's and Easter Cookies - Perfect!

Sweet Little Bunny's
 
Little Madame's Favourite Bunny's
 
Can I Keep Them?
And soooo ....  Onto those tails I mentioned! Pintest has some VERY clever ideas, this was one that I just could not resist - and so very easy... and no work at all.... 2 marshmallows in a packet(not in your mouth - as I was doing) and a simple sticker(well, simple if you have an extremely clever friend like my Kerry) that says BUNNY TAILS! How simple and how very clever! 30 bunny tail packets in 30 minutes - OK so now I was starting to feel Eastery!




Every Easter, I buy Little Madame these gorgeous little fluffy chickens! I love love love them, I love the beautiful colours and their soft fluffy little bodies! She loves them too and carries them around in a basket until they are bedraggled and nothing more than a bit of raggedy fluff! They really are so sweet though - don't you think?

Fluffy Chick and Yummy Eggs

The New Easter Basket

Sweet Little Chicks in Sweet Little Hands


My Easter Bunny - See The Tail!
This is how I found Little Madame watching TV a few nights ago, I could not resist whipping out my camera and snapping a picture! She has been pretending to be a bunny for weeks now, and I am once again reminded of the joy of being a child and remembering to see things through her beautiful joyful eyes, and as I do , I realise that you will always be joyful if you can just find the child in you xxx
 
 
PS:: Think I might even try my hand at Hot Cross Buns this year
PSS:: See her bunny tail? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx