There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Lovely London.....

 
I mentioned a few posts ago that LSO was taking me on a trip to my favourite city in the world - LONDON!!! We have done a Daddy/Mommy trip before and it is always like I am leaving my left hand(I am a lefty remember) behind-Little Madame does not take lightly to the fact that we go to London without her, she has been able to tell the taxi to take her to the Disney Store in Oxford Street since she was 3 - so to say she was massively unhappy was an under statement! But after much explaining about how mom and dad need time together - she finally relented saying that she knows we just want to smooch - well, go figure....
 
And so on a very hot summer day we boarded a plane bound for Lovely London! And on a VERY COLD morning we touched down in what I like to call "My London"!  I love the general hubbub of London, and even arriving there early in the morning(6 20am) - things are happening, people are out and about, early morning runners are pounding the pathways, streets are being cleaned, dogs being walked, and sleepy people are making  their way to work..... there is a general air of  well ...... LONDON
 
I am not going to bore you all with a blow by blow account of our week away, a few pictures should do......
  
No 1 :: A breakfast, a before and after........ Yes, I ate the whole plate full!
  



No 2:: I found a group of little people in my bag as I was unpacking... Little Madame sure can make you feel guilty!


No 3:: My first purchase from Waterstones, my favourite bookstore!


No 3:: Me, walking down Oxford Street early in the morning - In my Beloved RED coat!


No 4:: A beautiful Church Steeple and bare winter trees


No 5:: Piping hot Costa's cappuccino - great for warming ice cold hands!(love the brolly)


No 6:: Beautiful old buildings..... Dripping in history

 
 No 7:: Hyde Park's Beauty(even in winter)
 


 
No 8 :: Valentine's Day in London
 
 
No 9 :: Being taken to see Cirque Du Soleil at the Royal Albert on Valentines Day!(LSO sure knows how to make me H-A-P-P-Y)
 


 

No 10:: Secret Gardens
  


No 11:: Unexpected cupids, high on buildings



No 12 :: St James Park


No 13:: Smart elegant guards outside Clarence House


No14:: Long shadows in Tube Stations


 No 15:: Early Morning walks in a still sleeping London


No 16 :: What can I  say about this Picture.....

 

No 17:: Harry Potter World at Warner Bros Studio - AWESOME!!
  

No 18 :: Is Harry home? No 4 Privet Drive

 
 No 19:: Sights, sounds and aroma's of Portabello Market
  
 
No 20:: Breathtaking Sunsets

No 21 :: Crisps and Whiskey in Airport lounges....... Homeward Bound!

 
 
A week flies by in London..... I will always love this city, to me it is the centre of everything. I will keep going back - even when I am old and grey! ...... I cannot remember which poet or writer said it but I think the saying  goes something like this ..... "WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF LONDON, YOU ARE TIRED OF LIFE" Amen xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx