There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 8 April 2013

Time to Crochet......

Do you remember those BEAUTIFUL Japanese flowers that I was crocheting last year, the ones that started out as a shawl, then became a scarf , then became ...well a nothing ...... if you don't  - click here!  It just never seemed to work, I think that the yarn I used was too stiff,  in order for the scarf to have fallen really nicely, warm  and snuggly around my neck it should have been done in a soft mohair type yarn! I was sad about it but just not willing to give up on my BEAUTIFUL flowers.... 
 
And so it has just lingered around, moving from my cupboard to the  I-have-to-sort-these-things-out-pile, to hanging on my dummy in my sewing room for ages. Well,  a few days ago  in the dead of night- BAM! An Idea popped into my head - a blanket, a granny square blanket with a beautiful Japanese flower in the middle of it!! I nearly catapulted myself out of bed there and then to try it out.... but.... yawned turned over with a smile on my face and fell fast asleep!
 
I must admit that I only tried my idea out a few days later  and am pleased to say that it works perfectly! YAYYYYY! So now to unpick all the stitching and get cracking on a beautiful new blanket - and I do so LOVE making blankets....... I think I have said before that they really are the best things for me to do, although they take many many many months, once a blanket is done  done and you can snuggle down under  it, all warm and cosy......it is all worth the effort! I also like granny squares because they are very repetitive and I can loose myself in round after round of  gorgeous granny clusters!

I have chosen two tones of grey to make the granny square around all the gorgeous mauve's and pink, I think  it looks lovely and has a vintage feel to it..... Here are a few pictures......


My Beautiful Flowers

The Trial Square
   
The Pretty Greys
 
And so the process begins and I am happy to say that it is going really quickly.... Obviously because the major part of the square is already done, and the 3 rows that make up the square go really quickly! I already have a pile of pretty little squares all patirntly waiting to become a  beautiful blanket ...... and hope to have it done by the end of the month..... but as you all know "time" has a life all of its own ....... but here is hoping!! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx