There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 20 August 2012

A Princess and A Pea!

Once upon a time...... there was a little girl, she was sweet, kind and her heart was good!  She was loved by everyone....  She loved stories as her mama had started to read to her when she was just a very little girl! Stories about princes, princesses, witches, wizards, unicorns and magical flying horses! They filled her mind with wonderful dreams and she believed that she really was a Princess(Well her mama told her that everyday!) She knew that one day she would live in a castle with a prince worthy of her!(Her mama kept telling her that too!)

It's at one such castle(Warrick Castle in the UK) that her  BEST and FAVOURITE story really came to life, the best  princess of all, one that slept on soooooo many mattresses but was still able to feel a teeny, weeny, tiny  pea that the Queen had placed there.... To test her princess ability's out!
Little Madame just  loves this wonderful story!! We have 2  Princess and the Pea story books which we read endlessly(the one is a retelling by the creators of Charlie and Lola and is a funny and modern  read)

 So where am I going with all this rambling, I hear you ask?

When I purchased  last months Mollie Makes(Oh Joy, Oh Rapture!), it  had a Rag Doll Princess and the Pea on the cover and I knew that my Little Princess would love it....... so....... I dropped everything else I was doing(yeah yeah yeah, that having 20 projects-on-the-go-at-a- time-thing....) and began to make it for her!

The Cutting Process
So over a period of 2 days a bed was found(little wooden box- I attached(well LSO attached) 4 cupboard door handles for legs) 12 little mattresses were cut out and sewn together, a pillow and blanket whipped up and the teeniest tiniest little sleeping princess made. Had I know just how tiny she was, I probably would have adapted it and made it bigger..She was difficult to make  as she is sooooooo tiny, I spent about an hour just trying to turn the arms out, and was about to start yelling and beating my head on the wall, when I had a Light Bulb moment and went to get my tweezers, and quick as a flash it was done!!! 

See How Small The Arm Is!


The Book We Love


Hair and Face To Go....
(Can You See The Roll of Fabric Behind My Machine..... Secret Project!)

The making of the sweet little princesses crown(which is just too cute) as well as the hair and face took place in LSO 's car out side gymnastics- never let it be said that I waste time. Oh, and the pea is a small green bead that does the job perfectly!


Still To be Bedazzled!

There That's Better


My Other Work Room


Hair and Makeup

Little Madame loves her little Princess, It has gone everywhere with us! She has named the little princess, Princess Rosie(after Rosie Huntingdon- Something-or-other, LSO has a rather big crush on this gorgeous actress!!) We have lost Princess Rosie once and there were many many tears until she was found, she travels with us to school and has to be waiting in the car when pick time comes and apparently Princess Rosie helps with BAD dreams too.........So she sleeps with Little Madame too - Go Figure Peeps! 

She Is Sweet
Actually Very Sweet


Let me tell you what I have found out about children....and I am most definitely not Parent of the Year. You can buy your child the best most expensive gifts and they will end up playing with the funny, least costly toys. Every time I have churned out a homemade toy for Little Madame, she loves it, plays with it all the time, and when getting rid of old toy time comes, the toys I have made her are the things she WILL NOT PART WITH! And in all honesty it's a really good feeling! 

A Princess and A Pea

Sleeping Peacefully

Zzzzzzzzzzz!

So all I can hope and pray for is  that my Little Princess finds her happily ever after and lives her dream! ...........  xxx


3 comments:

  1. Aah that is so sweet! And you are so clever!! i am sure your little princess will have many hours of fun with her new tiny princess! :) Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Urs, she truely loves it! And that is a joy for me!!!

      Delete
  2. Ash that is such a beautiful story ! I love the end result, you are so clever !! Now I am going to IKEA to see if they can make me an adult one.....so I can find my prince......or should I say Christian Grey !!! Ha Ha ! Really love reading your blogs, brightens my day .... Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx