There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 1 August 2012

A little bit of This and That.....

July has whizzed by so quickly, I have been busy busy busy..... and not with crafting!! which does not make me happy! NOT AT ALL HAPPY!
We have had so many little thing's to do since we got home, and I thought I would give you a very brief and quick up date on a few things.......

 On our return from Dubai, the gorgeous big shady tree in our back garden had literally split in two! We loved this tree as it provided shade for sitting under, climbing possibilities for Little Madame and her Kitten and homes for a multitude of beautiful birds! But alas in a gale force wind that came through our little fishing village, it was torn apart(either that or during my house sitters party, there were to many people up it!) So LSO was off like a flash to the Hardware to buy a chain saw!!(Any excuse I hear you all mutter) He was heard to be yelling ARGGHH  while chopping it all to pieces to be carted off to the garden dump - OuR PoOr TrEe!!! I know it will grow again BUT the garden looks very bare and sad without it!

Our Poor Tree

Beautiful new wool was purchased in shades of blue. Every time I look at it I am reminded of the ocean, cool and so very blue! Getting started on this blanket was a challenge but it is starting to come together very quickly now, as you can see from the pictures below, the pattern by Lovely Lucy(Attic24) is very easy to follow BUT make one wrong treble and you are in TROUBLE! Big Trouble and I have been in Trouble a few times and had to unpull an entire row a few times so heavy concentration is needed.

Ocean Blues

Elle Gold

It's Long, And Difficult to Photograph

Beautiful Waves of Crochet - Does It Remind You Of The Ocean?

 A new little playmate for Little Madame was bought so that I could concentrate, but as you know..... I love her dolly's too and have ended up playing "Taxi Taxi!" " Adventure Adventure" This is a Pinpon dolly and it changes facial expression if you turn the hair around(the things they think of...)so is  quite entertaining, and the little car is very sweet! And her Lalaloopsy dolls fit into the car perfectly so we have all gone on big adventures to Jimafrica and Simindia already!!(Apparently, they are small islands somewhere far far away)


Off On An Adventure!

PinPon and Lalaloopsy's on a Joy Ride!


Gorgeous new candle holders have been purchased and you know me and candles...... I am H-A-P-P-Y! they are a lovely Aqua colour and turn the loveliest colour when the candles are lit, it would seem that I am very into Aqua/Ocean colours at the moment! Which is very unusual for me... Reds and warm tones are normally my favourite and best...... Well a change is as good as a holiday, Oh and so, so excited we have bought a little wood burning stove for our lounge...... Ooohhhh how cosy is that going to be! I simply love a  cosy warm fireplace and have wanted one since we moved in, and it is so chilly here at the moment! MMMmmm warm fire and Ruby Red Wine - endless possibilities come to mind!


My Foo Dogs Look Fierce!


Right, now for some important stuff........ A few of you have been asking me to make the cute little mitteny thingy's as well as the  little scarf to sell, well I am in the process of setting up a Esty shop for my blog, but as always be patient as you all know I am challenged in all things cyber ! So it may take a little time!

Also, the "leaving of comments on my blog" I got a really CLEVER computer geeky type person to come in and help me...... here goes and I so hope you all understand this(I didn't - but it works) You can either leave an anonymous comment with you first name and E-mail address if you want me to respond OR if you are linking in from Facebook - copy your URL address at the top of your facebook page and then post your comment, then click on the "comment as", this will pull down a few options, click on Name/URL,  and paste the URL address into the box and Bob's your uncle you can leave a comment! WHEW!!!

HOPE THAT ALL MAKES SENSE MY LOVELY PEEPS!

So now to get busy, busy, busy sewing and preserving(it's all planned) and should have those posts up in a few days..... and SO  SORRY I have not done a post for so long, but I must say it is SuPeR WoNdErFuL to know that you all miss me and my ramblings.... xxx

2 comments:

  1. Cool blob my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog, my friend. You inspire me!! Now please teach me to crochet and knit properly so I can stop living vicariously through you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx