There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Friday 20 July 2012

Oat and Coconut Yummies!

I have refrained from baking!!! It has been a very hard task!! A very HARD task indeed!! Let me tell you why........ the rather voluptuous rear end that belongs to me, is getting more and more and MORE VOLUPTUOUS!!  So after a rather sad afternoon of trying on jeans, I decided that drastic action was needed! I booked an appointment with a Dietitian dusted off my running shoes and got serious!  I decided to book with said learn'ed person as I really don't know how to eat anymore, there are so many different facts about what to eat and what not to eat..... that that I am confused!!(and that happens very easily with me,  just ask LSO) I am sure you all know exactly what I mean......
It has been going well, and I have been slowly getting used to eating "normally" again and am happy to announce that I am now fitting into some of those pants again - just- but getting there! So back to the  no baking, which if you have been reading my blog, is very very painful for me........  BUT any excuse to bake...... BACK TO SCHOOL deserved a lunch box cookie baking spree - don't tell the dietitian!!!

I love the Women's Weekly range of books and I have a few of them,  Macaroons & Biscuits being one. Little Madame and I had a quick browse through and decided on Oat and Coconut Cookies- as always very easy!
Creaming Butter and Sugar
Adding Golden Eggs
  

So the yumminess is as follows:

125g Butter
165g Brown Sugar
1 Tbl Syrup
2 Eggs
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1/2 cup Oats

Mix the first 3 ingredients together until smooth

Add the eggs 1 at a time - mix well!

Stir in the flour, coconut and oats!

DONE!!

Roll into small balls and press down with a fork, bake at 180 degrees for 12 min!

so Easy and so Yummy

You can sandwich them together with some Chocolate but we needed to keep them a little healthy so decided not too - last sentence was typed CRYING onto my key board( Chocolate is the DEVIL on my shoulder!)
 
Good to Go






As you also all know by now Little Madame loves to make her own too! She weighs and measures and she added Chocolate !!! Her little mixer spins and whirls, she just loves it!


Mix Mix Mix........

Very Soon the delectably delicious smell of baking brought the entire family into the kitchen and before the golden  morsels were even cooled we had all tried them and they were yum yum yummy!  Not actually sure how healthy but certainly YUMMY. I am glad to say that I only tried one BUT..... they yell and call to me every time I pass the cookie jar "Eat me Eat me!!" I will not, I must not......... mmmmm maybe just 1 more! xxx 



PS: Somehow Little Madame's baking always turn out perfectly yummy too, not sure how she does it but she does..... Maybe I have the next Nigella Lawson on my hands!

2 comments:

  1. Hey ash, love love love love reading your blog my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sas gavery me half of one to taste and they were yummy and tasted awfully healthy! :) well done on the self-control! Enjoy your weekend lovely Lincolns .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx