There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 16 July 2012

Cold Hands,Warm Heart...... Warm Hands

Cold Hands, Warm Heart, or so the saying goes......... and I thank the Good Lord above every day for the Warm Heart but those cold hands....... Ever since I can remember, my hands have  been cold. I was always  always tugging my jersey sleeves down, or sewing a loop in the cuff of my jerseys and sleeves to keep my hands warm! Even on the hottest days, I can elicit shrieks and screams from Little Madame if I plunge my hands onto her warm little tummy -  That little tummy is BLISS, for cold hands , actually double HAPPY BLISS!!

I have recently been noticing Funky little Mitteny Thingys, popping up in all the fashion magazines and decided to take a closer look, they looked really simple, and as SIMPLE is my favourite word I decided  to try and make some, and I am awfully pleased with the results of one Sunday afternoon...... Take a Look...... 


It really was very easy when I got down to it.. So instruction are:

 Ashley's Funky Little Mitteny Thingys

Knitting Needles size 5mm
1 Ball Elle Double Knit Chunky

1. Cast on 30 stitches
2. Knit 40 rows in plain (measure as you go as to how long you want your funky little mittens)
3. Cast off
4. Fold over so you have a tube
5. Measure about 4 rows from the top and sew it up, then put it on your hand, and measure what is comfy for your thumb and sew up again - you now have a gap for your thumb to pop through

I then decided they looked a bit plain..... So out came the Crochet hook.......



I made this up as I went and jotted it down, so as follows:

Crochet hook size 4

Join your yarn at the sewn up end of the tube, then "slipstich,single crochet, 3 trebles" and repeat 10 times. this will give you 10 neat cute little shells to edge your Funky Mitteny Things! So sweet and soooooo WARM!

Oh you can find the way to make the crochet stitches here


And so the problem of my cold hands is solved, now, of course Little Madame apparently NEEDS a pair too!

Work in Progress!


My FAVOURITE little basket in the world - waiting to begin a little pair of Funky Mitteny things xxx

PS: By the way my blanket problem is solved..... YAY! A baby blanket for a certain little baby boy in the UK is about to be started...... off to shop for yarn tommorow, (any excuse!)will show you as soon as I have it!

2 comments:

Thanks for reading my blog xxx