There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 9 July 2012

Long Forgotten Valentine's dress!

While going through so pictures in my "blog pictures file" I found a few pictures that I took way back in February. I was going to do a post about this gorgeous little dress I made for Little Madame, but I think in all the excitement of getting my Blog up and running they got lost in the million thoughts that run through my head every day( YES!- millions of  random, trivial thoughts)

I found this gorgeous fabric a few years back and it sat on my sewing table for a while, then got put in a drawer, only to be forgotten! It really is the prettiest fabric, very vintage looking chocolate box style figures with tiny teeny little hearts as the back ground, and so it lay there, sad and forgotten until Valentines season this year! Little Madames school had a Valentines picnic and she wanted something with hearts on to wear!(I was told she wanted to look "beautiful" for the love of her life, Thomas!!- she is only little, can you imagine what she will want to wear when she is 16!) A light bulb moment, I rushed down to the craft room and got it out, along with a simple dress pattern, I had made for her before. It is a very cool summery little dress. She did however tell me she wanted a long twirlly dress, and as there was only a meter of fabric,  a plan had to be made! Another light bulb moment(I was doing really well with ideas on that day!) I also just happened to have some Gingham fabric too.  I cut out the exact same pattern and put it under the vintage fabric!(almost like a lining) It looked awesome!

Vintage Looking Fabric

Kate Moss Modelling Moment

I cut a long strip of the gingham out and sewed it together to make a pretty bow on the side(the pattern calls for straps, but I like this whole vintage thing I had going on!) And what was more important is that Little Madame loved it! The more it came together the happier she got! Now I must tell you that I have sewed alot for her, and she has worn the items a few times BUT she has worn this dress over and over again, apparently it twirls WELL and is very cool and comfortable SO the moral of this story is don't make what Mama likes, make what Little Madame likes and she will wear it!

Pretty Bow Detail

Little Madame Cutting A Dress For  her Barbie






So  she came with me to buy the a new pattern, and after much perusing of pattern books, these are the two new patterns we came home with! Guess which one she HAD to have? Oh well she is a PRINCESS after all!! xxx



PS:: the pattern I used is a Macalls Pattern Serial Number- M5797(It really is simple)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx