There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Berry Delicious Stuff


I knew it wouldn't last long........ The not making yummy stuff!!!! This is a very delicious Berry stuff recipe that I recently found in a Nigella cookbook, and Boy Oh Boy Oh BOY!!!!! Is it YuMmY! Nigella(All Hail the Queen!!)  calls it Raspberry Jam and makes it with Raspberry's but you all know me by now, I had to make it IMMEDIATELY, there and then, so I dug around in my freezer, I knew that in the deep,  dark, depths, I had a packet of Frozen mixed berries, which I thought might do very nicely, and they did indeed!


 
You also all know that I am all about SIMPLE (This could have something to do with the fact that I am Blonde......) And this is just up my alley...... check this easy peasy lemon squeasy recipe out......

250g Raspberry's/mixed Berry's(can be fresh or frozen)
250g Castor Sugar

Place the Berries in one oven proof dish, and the sugar in another and bake both for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees
Add the piping hot Castor Sugar to the piping hot Berries, as you mix them together you will see that it becomes almost molten and bubbles a bit,(mouth is watering.... again) and spoon into a sterile bottle!!
Bada Bing Bada Boom - DONE!!!!


Mix......

 
Spoon.......

Bottle.......

Mixed Berry Yummy Stuff
 
Seriously Darling Peeps, if you have ever wanted to make jam, this is the one to try, no long boiling process, or trying to get the consistency just right, no peeling, no mess no fuss, just 25 very quick minutes and you can eat it hot or cold, and believe you me you will want to gulp it down as soon as you smell it.
It is good on hot buttered toast, in that Victorian Sponge Cake instead of fresh strawberries, and my personal best...... try it on ICE CREAM, I seriously hope the Dietitian doesn't read blogs.......  And really hope you try it out...... xxxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx