There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Thursday 29 March 2012

Victorian Sponge Yum-Yum









Have you ever had one of those days –the kind when you just want something really yummy to eat, well it happened to me a few days ago! I just couldn’t decide......something sweet......... decadent and indulgent, or something savoury........ Salty and satisfying?? I just couldn’t decide, and being on the eternal diet (YES, that swears word-DIET!!!!) I knew that if I was going to break out, it needed to be the perfect delight!
I was pondering my dilemma when my sister (Pro Chef-yes really!) asked what the faraway look was all about –when I told her she sat down to ponder with me........ We debated all sorts of wonderful and delectable things....... but just could not decide.
This issue,  and it was becoming an issue, seemed to go back and forth between us for a few days. When suddenly I blurted out, that I really felt like a plain cake, a lovely sponge cake filled with fresh fruit and butter cream! Not a huge chocolaty master piece, or creamy indulgence just a plain tummy satisfying cake!

As quick as I flash sister-o-mine was on the internet and had procured a VICTORIAN SPONGE CAKE recipe, and we set to work, it is probably the easiest cake I have ever made, as everything is just paced in the mixer, beaten and baked. No long winded creaming butter and sugar, add one thing at a time, just plain old lob it all in! A very short path to total tummy filling cakey satisfaction!






 

Little Madame in on the action and her gorgeous ballet baby cakey!






That said here is the stunning recipe:
200g Castor Sugar
200g Soft Butter
200g Self Rising Flour
4 Eggs
2Tsp milk
1 tsp baking Powder
Now honestly throw it all together beat and bake at 190degrees for 20 minutes –let it cool down and then ice with the following, 100g butter and 140g icing sugar, we added a drop of vanilla essence, just because! Place ALL the icing on the bottom layer and we added some fresh strawberries!!!! Oh my Word just typing about it makes my mouth water!



Tea for three

We set the table for an impromptu tea party, at little Madame’s insistence (I could have eaten in on the kitchen floor, I was so desperate to get it into my mouth by this stage), invited a friend that needed some TLC and got stuck in......  And yessssssss what total and absolute yummy satisfaction!

Oh so very yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx