There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Friday 2 March 2012

All You Need Is Love!

A line from one of my favourite song, and mantra I have used for many years...... All you need is love!!! I had intended to start my blog months ago(as you know) but have only just gotten round to doing it . So I thought I would share some of the crafty,things I did for Valentines day.....


My little lady loves any holiday(wonder where she gets that?) so when I was told, and I quote " just need to show my class how much I LOVE them, mama"  Out came the Martha Stewart Craft Book and we perused it for a great length of time.... until we settled on lolly-hearty-flowery-things!





So off we went to get all the hearty and romantic paper, reddest, red ribbon and fizz pops, we could find- she loves choosing crafty things.(Fizz pops-a lovely lolly/sucker that we get here in SA with a cherry flavoured outside and right in the very middle a little pop of sour sherbet-yummy!!!!)

 Then we covered lolly's,we cut HeArTs,we punched holes and stamped Happy Valentine messages,threaded and tied ribbons and suddenly we had a basket full of gorgeous little lolly-hearty-flowery-things!! they are really pretty and really very easy to make(and kept little hands busy for what seemed like hours)

I love the fact that even though my little Madame is just 5(only just) she loves doing "AFTS and CRAFTS" so many little people today  are not being taught to do this kind of thing! Is it me, or are we losing the art of crafting?


OK ASHLEY GET OFF YOUR SOAPBOX!!!

25 gorgeous lovely little hearty-flowery-things, in a basket.....Finally we were done, or so i thought.......




2 days before Valentines day, I was suddenly asked "what about my teachers, they need love too"... SOOOO out came the cook books and the crochet hook and  fingers were flying......










Vanilla cupcakes, with butter cream icing(frosting-if I am lucky enough to have any Americans read this) with gorgeous little heart toppers I had forgotten I had! Pink sprinkles and Voila!!! Good to go presents for teachers!
I put them in plain white cake boxes with the same paper hearts as the little people got and crocheted some beautiful hearts,to which I added brooch pins.

I would just like to say.... NEVER underestimate the power of edible glitter and doilies, they just glam everything up ---I was very happy to send these yummy little morsels to school with little madame the next day.

So although it was many many days ago and I totally missed the boat, I would just like to wish everyone out there LoVe! because when it comes down to facts "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE, LOVE ,LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED.........."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx