There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 8 April 2013

Pookie Poo

 This is Pookie - Pookie is my Person - She knows all my deepest darkest secrets, has seen me laugh till I fall over and cry my eyes out( many times), She has been with me through thick and thin , through being ill and healthy. moved house with me(many times), through happy times and sad, she has seen me fall over drunk and and jumping on my bed in happiness, she has watched me fall in love and out of love ...... I will say it again Pookie is my Person!
  
Pooks
 Yes I know, I am rambling again.... and I am going to get to the point - I promise! Pookie(or Lena) was given to me many years back, 24 years ago to be precise by my dancing partner, back in the day when I was young and dangerously good .... well young, I was a hotshot ballroom dancer! And my partner always gave me a stuffed animal before we danced,as a sort of Good Luck!  Pookie was one of those little animal that just sort of stole my heart and hung around! 

Pookie is also very well travelled, she has been with me to Japan( We danced in the World Ballroom Dancing Championships) all around the Far East and Europe. She has visited the USA, and sun bathed in Mauritius and has been to the UK many many times, she is a seasoned traveller.

Pookie has always lived under my pillow and every night after saying my prayers she would  get hauled out and yes, at the age of 40-something and after having had a child, I  still cuddle up with her and fall asleep! Now you can imagine my HORROR when one night not to long ago Pooks was GONE!!!!! She simply vanished, gone, disappeared....... I was distraught!  About two morning after her sudden disappearance I saw a certain naughty little kitten (Belle's) mauling a grey thing on the lawn..... it was my POOKS!   
 

My Mauled Bear

I rescued her, but to my horror she was mauled beyond simple stitching up....... Her tummy was ripped apart and her legs were barely hanging on - am I being Dramatic? Yes! Well I was mortified and sad! I have spend many hours thinking how to fix her up, .....A felt tummy? ..... A colourful fabric tummy? Nothing seemed good enough for my Pooks..... then it hit me...... A beautiful crocheted tummy... a Japanese flower would make her look gorgeous again! 
 
Pooks and Her Flower
And so I sat down and quick as a flash I whipped up one of my favourite crochet flowers for her tummy, in greys and white. I sewed it on to her, I put some white felt behind the flower to stop the new stuffing form falling out and sewed on her legs and she was as good as new! 
   
Pookie Much Happier!
 And so my Pookie is back where she belongs, under my pillow and safe, ready to listen to my happiness and dilemmas, and good for another 24 years.  Me? I am happy as I have my person back! I love you Pooks xxx
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx