There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Friday 2 March 2012

Time flies when you are ......

Time flies when you ............Well....... BUSY!!!! I have so wanted to spend hours in front of my computer uploading pictures of my many projects but alas times flies by...... The last few days have been spent in a frenzy of well actually i don't know-it just seems like I have been really busy but now that I am sitting down to write about it, I can't seem to think why I had no time to continue my rambling.....

So here is what I am crocheting right now

)Lots and lots and LOTS of gorgeous colourful little squares.  It will eventually be a FUNKY BABY BLANKET for a dear friend. I got the original pattern from a beautiful book called CUTE AND EASY CROCHET, which s full of the above mentioned,(cute and easy) I bought it when I was in the UK last year after I had started my Obsession with crochet(It is available on Amazon-the author is Nicki Trench)
The squares are very simple, and according to the pattern I need 432  -YIKES!!!! -that will take me years!      Soooooooo I had a little think and decided to do a panel of these cuties and then edge the panel in white, as the mum-to-be does not know what gender the little bundle of joy is going to be..... I decided on the funky colours!   ( Em....honestly, I tried baby blue, yellow and pink but it looked REALLY insipid) So 50 little cuties done and dusted am going to crocheted them together tonight and start on the outer edges tomorrow, and honestly I need to move my voluptuous rear end, because when last I saw mum-to-be she looked good to go!!  
I just love the way all these colours just seem to blend so beautifully together, it took quiet a bit of time to place them as no two colours can be next to each other, so lots of thinking was required -LOTS!!!!
You can see in this picture that I had started to crochet them together when I took a closer look and my little Madame had rearranged some for me!!! "But mama the same colours need to be together"
And so we started all over again..... The wonderful logic of magical little people

Love this book and just LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE to CROCHET- there is a story to my crocheting but another time, 50 little cuties are begging to be put together........ night night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx