There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 5 March 2012

Rainy Day Fun


This past weekend was a bit manic, Saturday was spent at parties, but Sunday.... was a rainy old day!(the tail end of a tropical storm hit us) It rained relentlessly, so there was much occupying  of little hands to be done. Try explaining to a toddler why it was better that we stay inside during a deluge, so, when the request came to bake biscuits, it was met with a resounding YES!
<><><><> </> <><><><> </> <><><><> </>

<><><><> </> <><><><> </> <><><><> </>








Often when I tell friends that Madame and I spent the morning baking, I get asked “where do you find the time?” Well to be quite honest I CHEAT (but don’t tell anyone) I have a basic butter biscuit recipe that I use and when I make it, I double the quantities then divide the batter into 4, cling wrap them and freeze...... and HEY PRESTO, anytime baking, with the least amount of fuss, I mean why make biscuit batter over and over when you can do it once!


So here is my recipe if you would like to try it:
175g Butter
200g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Essence
400g Plain Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
Cream the butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and add to butter mixture and gently mix it together.
Cling wrap and put in the fridge for about 20 minutes, roll out, cut shapes and bake (180 degrees for 8-12 minutes)
It’s that simple and it will keep little monkeys busy for ages. I make a very simple icing, about 300g of icing sugar and a few tables spoons of warmish water , colour it a few different colour( pink and purple, of course) add some sprinkles and you can make a whole days event of this and then there is the obligatory Princess Tea Party afterwards to enjoy your handwork!

As my little Madame always says ‘Yummy in my tummy mama’ –ENJOY!!


PS. If you want to pipe, no piping bag necessary, use zip lock back, make sure the air is out and its firmly zipped up, cut a tiny hole in the corner. Works like a charm!
 


 Pretty little Easter biscuits at home in the cookie jar!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx