There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Friday 3 October 2014

These Bootee's Were Made For Walking!

 
I have been sent so many pictures about the sweet little shoes that have been popping up all over the world wide web......  With comments like - 'thought you would love these', or 'you should make some of these Ash!' Well what's a hooky girl to do ........ I made a pair, for a  sweet little girl that has blessed our family! And although I have not met her yet...... I adore her already!
 
 
If you love pintrest and spent lots of time browsing and lapping up all the very clever ideas,  you will have noticed so many of theses sweet little shoes. If you can read a crochet chart you are A for away! However .... I struggle, I need a blow by blow account  of the exact stitches.
 
As you know I have been attempting patterns on my own, I have a few brewing and to be honest with you I really wanted to try and make a pattern for these on my own, but I came across a very simple and easy pattern and because I was so excited about these "shoes" I printed the pattern and got stuck in!
 
 
 
The pattern was  super easy to follow, and quiet quick. , they were pretty straight forward and no trouble to make - this is the pattern..... the Blog is called This Lovely Life - and it is a LOVELY blog! So a few pictures to tell the story....
  





In the blog the  shoes front strap is made by crocheting the strap then  wrapping yarn around it to look like a tiny little bow. I thought a flower would look better so I crocheted  2 little roses! Sweet and so pretty, wish I had been able to crochet when Little Madame was a baby!! The mind boggles with all the sweet little  shoes I would have made for her!



 

So they were done and waiting to be posted, however I posted them to  Facebook, just to show all my friends that I had actually made what they had sent me...... EEK! I had so many requests to buy pairs of baby shoes! Now let me tell you a funny little thing about me....I love making things for people, I get told so often  - "you should make them and sell them" I can't, I just can't!  How can you make something for a friend and then ask them to pay to pay for it! The most I will do is ask for the cost of the yarn, or better yet go and buy the yarn/fabric and I will make it for you!  When I make something it is made with care and lots and lots and LOTS of LOVE
 
The pair above did go to my friend Olivia for a baby that has been born into her family.....  
 
And so another pair was made for our little Loo in England. They were sent over and I have had a picture or two of her looking very stylish in her shoes! To say that they looked cute on would be an understatement!

 
 


So two pairs of baby shoes have been made! However I know of another friend who has just heard that a little girl is on its way, a baby Dip so to speak! So I think I had better get going..... I was thinking..... Do you think Christian Louboutin  would mind if a made the soles red and called them Babyboutins? .......xxx
 
PS:: The flowers on the white and pink pair are my pattern - YES!  Another pattern, will post it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx