There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Friday 31 October 2014

BOO!!

The quickest post ever, as we are walking out the door to go trick or treating..... I needed to show you all the awesome skirt I made for Little Madame! Of course it is easy AND no sewing is involved ! That just makes it doubly easy!!!

Little Madame often sits with me while I trawl Pintrest... She saw a Wind up Doll costume and decided that is what she wanted to be this Halloween - but not just a Wind up Doll, no not our Little Madame - she wanted to be a Zombie Wind up Doll! I shake my head in despair! How does she think these things up?
Now this post is about a very easy skirt, I have seen them all over  Pintrest. As soon as I say the words frothy and tulle you will know exactly what I am talking about - well, that is if you trawl Pintrest!
What you will need:
4 meters of pink tulle
2 meters of black (obviously you can use any colour you want too)
Thick Ribbon - for the waist ( enough to go around your waist and tie in a bow)
Scissors 
Pink and Black Tulle

THATS IT! Lets get started-
1. Start by cutting strips of tulle.( about 5cm wide) I also folded the fabric over so I didn't have to cut too many strips
Fold it!
2. Fold the strip in half and place it under the ribbon
  
Under the Ribbon
3. Grab the two loose ends and pull through the loop - you have made a knot over the ribbon, make sense? 
Grab
   
Pull Through
   
Pull Tight
  4. Keep going till you have used up all the tulle - you can make it as thick as you want by adding more or less tulle. Push the knots together to get the frothy effect - the more tulle the frothier!
5. I used all my pink then added the black where I wanted them to be - just push the knotted bit to the side to create a gap and add in the other colour. 
Do I have to even say it  - TA DAH !!!!! You are done! So easy and so very quick!!  
We added a pink wig with a black flower, a pair of cute stockings with pink bones and bows  on the back, a white T  and I made a winder out of card and a plastic tub! A bit of make up and my Little Wind up Doll was good to go ........She looked super cute!!!
 
Clever Me!

My Little Doll
....... to  a pre Halloween Trick or Treat at the fishing village's Aquarium Ushaka! They have a Halloween function ever year and we have been going for about 4 years now! There were giants, dancing zombies, scary stilt men and lots of frightening decorations - it was scary and fun to say the least!  Of course the highlight of this for little Madame is always the 'scary dolphin show'
  
Halloween Fun!
Today is actually Halloween, down South in deepest darkest, we are only just getting into Halloween, and tonight we are going trick or treating with friends around the streets! Little Madame is really excited, she has done this before but cannot remember it. I hope it is fun and scarrrryyyy for her! But not to scary, try explain things that go bump in the night to a 7 year old - All that remains for me to say is Happy Halloween Peeps and a great big Boooooo to yoooouu!! xxx 



PS:: Need to just add that it poured  - actually poured is a very poor description .....It bucketed down for while we were trick or treating at Ushaka  however it let up  just in time for the Dolphins show - we were soaked but it was fun..... Let hope for no rain tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx