There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 13 October 2014

Hip to Be Square.....

I have come to realise something, and I am sure that to most of you have read my post for some time now, it will be no big revelation! I LOVE crocheting blankets...... Big blankets ,small blanket, baby blankets and dolls blanket.... in fact I spend most of my hooky time on blankets. So, the in between blanket time is spent thinking about what my next blanket should be, look like and who it should be for, what colour it should be, a extra ordinary amount of time is spent on blanket thinking! ! I also have come to realise that all the other little things I hook in between  the blankets are mere filler bits and bobs.

I am telling you this because I am wanting embark on a new blanket..... Yes, its that time of the year ....It is blanket time. I have the yarn...... Very different and unusual colours for me to have chosen however they jumped off the shelf at me.... and the more I look at them the more I loved them.
 


However  - Houston we have a problem! What sort of blanket should I make? It is a dilemma, should it be a  traditional Granny blanket again, or should I try something different? So out have come all the books, and I have set about trying to find a square that I like, that is not too time consuming!


Books and Patterns

To Time Consuming!

Would This Keep You Warm?
  
Mmmm.....

I have also down loaded a really lovely App on my iPad. It is simply called Granny Square, and has a new granny square every week! Honestly I never knew there were so many granny squares! The mind boggles!! I picked out three and tried them.  However as you can see from the picture below, they just did not seem to work! I left them  on my dining room table for a few days, every time I passed by I looked at them wondering how come none of them were appealing to me!Why wasn't I loving them..... I agonised over them, pondering what the problem was, and then it came to me, BAM just like that...... The Colours, THE COLOURS ........ They were all wrong! Although I had loved them in the yarn shop, they just were not working!
 

Blankets are meant to be cosy, warm  and comforting, these colour were bright and jarring almost Rastafarian (my lovely friend Kate had said as much when she first  saw these colours - clever girl!) This had never happened to me before..... EEEK am I losing my touch.....




So, a visit to the yarn shop was in order, to find new colours(any excuse) YaY! - Don't tell LSO!! These are the colours ( above) I settled on! Mmmmmm Much, much better! I must confess that the squares were not what I was looking for either so it was back to trawling the world wide web! And there while pootling away on Pintrest.... I found exactly what I was after..... A sunburst granny square - you know me, very  partial to granny squares!


 A Sunburst Granny



So there you have them, do you like them? The colours are gorgeous, they are soft colours, gentle and pastely. They make me feel warm and happy! I am as eager a beaver to get started.... And yes, I know the production line is becoming looongggg again but what can I say except - I love hooking and I love hooky blankets even more..... xxx 
 
PS:: Of course you will receive regular up dates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx