There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 6 October 2014

Renovation Nation.......Part 1

 
As you all know we are in the first stages of a renovation... Remember the 5 year plan? This post here.  We have an AWESOME team working with us on creating our dream home. Dave and Natalie, just get us! I don't say that lightly because to 'get 'me can  at times be very trying...... Ask LSO! As if the packing up was not hard enough, I am finding that the next part is even more difficult.
 
Two weeks ago when the team from Al Gusto moved onto site, I was excited,  however I am less excited right now, I am MORTIFIED to say the least !  Not in a bad way! In a totally  heart breaking way! I never realised just how in love with my house I was. No wait, that not correct!  Its not just my house its my HOME! And it is being ripped apart bit by bit! Walls are being knocked down left right and centre! Bathrooms ripped out and tiles are flying! Let me show you exactly what I mean.....
 
 But brace yourselves peeps, its not pretty! 
 
Our tranquil patio is gone, it vanished the first day....

 
Along with our bathroom...........
 


The beams in the roof were totally rotten, paper thin, not sure how the roof was being held up ......


Yikes.......


This was were the loo was......


The wall and door to the dining room is gone......


Its a hot and scary mess...............
 
 
So can you see why I am so heartbroken! I know, I KNOW............. I need to visualise the final product. The BIIIIG picture, the new and improved home.... Now to be perfectly fair Natalie did warn me that it was quiet traumatic to see your house being broken to bits and pieces! But it was ReAlLy HaRd a few days ago, and to be honest, I had a complete melt down and cried like a baby. So here is the plan- hang in, bite the bullet , grit my teeth, pull on my big girl panties and keep hoping the rain stays away..... xxx 
 
PS::.....  I did feel a bit better when I saw the new roof trusses arrive
 
 
Yay!  The new roof has arrived...........
 
PSS:: If there are any spelling mistakes please forgive me, my spell check is not working....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks like it's going to be a tough job. What's good about it is that challenge is always most welcome, and I figure you've got a lot of tricks up your sleeve to whip those rooms into shape. You should always open yourself to options and methodologies that you can implement for improvement, including for your home. Wishing you all the best with that!

    Grady Schwartz @ iDesign

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx