There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Friday 12 September 2014

Pack Your Bags.....

Darling Peeps, today you will find me in a somewhat  melancholy mood - Why? Well today we packed out bags, and boxes and toys and anything else that could be packed!  I am sure that I would have packed the dogs if they had of fitted into a box and kept still for long enough!
 
We have not sold the estate, perish the thought!  However 4 years ago when we moved in, we decided on a FIVE YEAR PLAN! The house that we bought is an old lady, and she needed help, we did a bit of revamping, we stripped the walls of horrible 1970's wallpaper and lifted carpets! We gutted the kitchen and had a bespoke kitchen put in,  and then began to save!

  
The House When We Viewed It.....
 
A Small Revamp.....
 
Our FIVE YEAR PLAN has been achieved in four years and we are really excited! The plans are everything that LSO and I ever wanted in a home and we cannot wait to see our dreams materialise.... So why the melancholy mood you ask? Well packing up ones life is a funny old thing, you come across bits and bobs that just make you smile, however there are those things that make you realise that life moves on and waits for no one. I opened a box in the back of a cupboard and found Little Madames baby things... she was a Premmie and her clothes were all tiny, a tiny hat, teeny little socks and clothes. She has grown so much..... A box of our wedding pictures, dried flowers from the day the day I married my Prince.......A bag of my mothers things, when my brother gave it to me last year I was too sad to even contemplate opening it then....Finding a lost treasure, is such a JOY! ...... Lots of bittersweet memories!
 

Packing My Tresures
 
Packing boxes is not pleasant, however it does give you the opportunity to throw away or donate things.... The boxes seemed to be never ending. I am amazed at just how much stuff we have accumulated over the last 4 years. There are boxes everywhere you look. There is just SO much STUFF!


The Start....
 
A Day Later.....


The Spare Room....
 
I am trying hard not to let this renovation unsettle me, however seeing as I am a creature who likes my home to always look perfect and beautiful, one who likes everything in its place.... I am very, VERY  unsettled. We have also had to be ruthless about what we are taking with us to our temporary home, it is full furnished, so it is clothes and little else really.....Well I did sneak my sewing machine and hooky things into the box - you know me - when the going gets tough, a girl's gotta hook!  
 
A Beautiful Moon!

The moon was full and beautiful last night. LSO called me outside to look at it. As I gazed up I realised that tomorrow would be a new moon, it is also spring, a time for new things to grow! Crisp blue sky's, the smell of green grass being cut, pretty flowers beginning to bud. So throw in a new roof, a few less walls, the smell fresh plaster and paint on walls...... A great team of builders and there is nothing to be unsettled about, its just a re feathering of the nest really.......xxx
 
PS:: I will keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx