There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Renovation Nation ...... Part 2

It has rained the last few days! I normally love the rain however rain is NOT my friend right now! I have never been one to check the weather..... I mean really we cant do anything about it so why check it..... Until now! Every morning I leap (well... that a bit of an exaggeration really) out of bed, throw open the curtains (Ok... another exaggeration) to check whether it is chucking down or not!  So we are delayed by a few days?.... Not really, because lots of work has gone on inside, and huge improvement are being seen..... Yes dear peeps I was feeling loads better!
 
Last Monday  morning produced beautiful blue skies and much to my joy, when I arrived at the house to have a look see..... the roof was coming off! Yessssss!!!

However my joy was not to last that afternoon the heavens opened up again. And as week 2 and week 3 are gently merged into one long week, a lot  of  praying has happened every morning before I  even opened my eyes - Please,  PLEASE dear Lord, NO rain today!! But alas it has rained on and off for the last 2 weeks. However, I am pleased to say that walls have been built inside and plumbing has started so although we are now 1 week (not a few days anymore) behind..... Things are still happening!

These pictures were all taken on that one glorious NO-RAIN day.... Take a look
 

The old roof being removed.....


 
Piles of tiles lying on the lawn....




Gutter pipes and old roofing are lying everywhere......



No ceilings in the house....


Piles of bricks litter the garden and floors....


 
The new roof being planned, my poor garden..... 
 
 
 
There are no roof or trusses at all in the picture above,  this was a HuGe MoMeNt for me!  I realised my old home was well and truly gone... However can you see the piece of wood in the middle, that was a large piece that was thrown down in front of me. It literally disintegrated before my eyes.....OM Dazzelberry.... can you see how eaten away it is? A tiny little insect called Bora is totally responsible for this - but don't worry it is endemic to our fishing village! I could not believe the state of the wood and cannot think how the roof was still up! Yikes!  
 
And so much to my disbelief  I have become a weather watcher! The weather app on my iPhone works over time, I check it every hour on the hour and I am happy to announce that as of tomorrow, we have clear weather..... Hopefully mother nature will play nice.... And Natalie and her crew will work faster than the speed of sound.....xxx
 
My Quiet Reading Corner Is Now a Cupboard.
PS:: I am 2 days late in uploading this post, so I thought I would just mention that the sun is still shining gloriously!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx