There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 24 September 2014

The Woodman....

Sometimes in life you are totally blown away by your nearest and in this case most definitely dearest! LSO (for those of you who have just started to read my blog - this is my darling and much loved husband - I call him Long Suffering One - LSO, why? because he has to put up with me and all my mad schemes and wild ideas! ) LSO is always trying to get out of DIY things, if I want him to - mmm, lets say drill a hole into a wall - it becomes EPIC! to get this done I get out the drill, plug it in mark the exact place were I want the hole, have the picture ready , then I make him tea and ease him into doing it for me - I did Say EPIC!!  By his own admission he just doesn't like DIY!
 
So imagine my surprise when one afternoon I heard sounds of the sander from our garage! I silently crept down to see what was going on..... It was him engrossed in a piece of wood! I left I needed to sit down! A few hours later he came inside and said that he had made something for me(be still my BEATING heart) He had found a beautiful piece of wood in the fire wood and made a Cheese Board for me, it was absolutely gorgeous!
 
 
Tools of the trade
 
Firewood with Potential

 

My Cheese Board



Little Madame and Star!
  
The Sandman
Now I am a bit of a strike-while-the-iron-is-hot type of person person!..... I had been thinking a bout a rustic outdoor tray for ages, every time I looked at my pile of left over pallet wood - a tray was what came to mind. I was going to make it myself ....however... I thought I would try my luck!
 
 
And my luck was in! Apparently he felt like doing woodwork, so with me telling LSO exactly what I wanted he put it together for me. He drilled, measured, cut, planed and sanded......Soon I had my tray
 
 
Somehow, and maybe its because he knows me so well, he was able to make exactly what I wanted!  
  
My Tray
Not only did I get my tray but then he then went back into the garage and made himself a beautiful wall hook for his study - the word that comes to mind is GOBSMACKED! I really didn't know he had it in him. To think that I have known him for 16 years and he never told me.... He is really GOOD at wood work! I do however feel a little sorry for him now - can you guess why? Yip! He is NEVER EVER NEVER going to get out of doing DIY for me again - NO excuses and certain No begging and pleading (he translates those two word into nagging) He can and he is  really good at it!  Did I mention how much I love my LSO..... I love him too much..... xxx  
  
Wall Hook
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx