There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Sunday 17 June 2012

Banana Muffins

When I started to blog(or Bog, as Little Madame calls it) It was going to be all about crafting, possibly my favourite thing, but lo and behold..... Yummy Foodie Stuff seems to have become the most popular thing for me to blog about! I suppose, one only has to view my ample rear end to know that I love making gorgeous, mouth watering food, in particular baking! I love trying out new recipes and always try and put my own twist on it! I eat everything,(just not liver and kidney-YUCKY!!!) But Little Madame, now that is a different story, I am always trying to get her to eat -period!(she eats like a mouse-unlike her mama)  But let me explain, she was very ill as a little peeps and could only eat certain foods, hence, now we have a fussy little eater and nothing I conjure up seem to do ..... But as I said before, I am nothing if not resilient!  Fruit is not a thing she loves and in the past few weeks her teacher and I have been trying bribery and corruption to get her to put fruit into that sweet little mouth. A few days ago, I  bought banana's, but slowly watched them become very ripe, then OVER ripe, so after the school run on Friday, I decided to make something banana-ish! Maybe if I try and disguise the banana ...... But how? Banana Bread- tried that one already - no luck! So I googled banana's and this gorgeous recipe popped up....... (as always I have simplified it.... dunno why chefs try and complicate things so much)
 For those of you who want the original Recipe  here



Banana Crumb Muffins
1 1/2 Cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Mix that together( bowl 1)
3 mashed Bananas
3/4 cup white sugar
1 beaten eggs
1/3 cup melted butter
Mix that together( bowl 2)
Now mix the 2 bowls together and pop into muffin pans

Stop here and decide if you want to add my twist - 1 slab of white chocolate chopped up and mixed it in...... mmmmmm me and MY LOVE AFFAIR with Chocolate!(was thinking you could add nuts too)

Then mix
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp butter
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
Mix this all together with your fingers till it is crumbly and sprinkle on top of the muffins

Oven at 190degrees and bake for 18-20 minutes!

Little Blocks of White Yummines


My Printer is not Working

 Really Reallllyyyy Good, and did Little Madame eat them you ask? What do you think?

Mouth Watering Muffins

                                                            But I sure did......... xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx