There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Thursday 24 May 2012

Last Weeks Fun!

Wow! Where on earth did  the last week go......

I think that I lost a few days as I was poorly after coming back from camping, spending 2 days sick as a dog, and flat on my back in bed. A luxury made possible by LSO who took charge of little Madam. I was given lots of TLC and am much better, but my word, I have a lot of blog catching up to do, as I have made some lovely yummy things ...... and got so much to show you.....
I recently bought a gorgeous book (Yes, I know I was supposed to cut down on book buying) It's called 'Gifts from the Kitchen' by Annie Rigg. It is all sorts of preserves, jams and delectable things from the kitchen. And my mouth watered just looking at the beautiful delicious things to eat..... not good for my very voluptuous rear end! I have had a little love affair with making preserves for the last few years, and the Piccalilli and Vanilla and Strawberry Conserve (A posh name for jam?), just caught my attention. I love the way Piccalilli, can cheer up a plain ole cheese sandwich, it is tart and make you get that funny sensation in your mouth. And, well Strawberry's are just delicious, yummy, and soooooo red, and teamed with Vanilla, oh my hat! Need I say any more! 




Slicing and Dicing

3 Weeks to Tasting





Oooo Yummy!

2 Little Bottles of Goodness





My pantry cupboard is full of yummy things.... pickled lemons, chilli sauce, corn relish, apple and cranberry chutney, peach conserve, citrus marmalade and my two new additions! How cute are my crocheted lid covers?


Next.......

 


I am trying to teach Little madam to sew, as she always shows keen interest when I am stitching anything. I found this gorgeous little felt dolly in a shop in Lincoln and bought it. We have started it and it is very simple for her as all the holes are already punched and so all that is needed is alot of guidance-did I mention ALOT of guidance! We will persevere and I will keep you updated... watch this space.....



www.rexinter.com

Next....... 


It was Little Madam's turn to be 'Baker Baker' at school last week and she decided after much perusing of my recipe books that Cake Pops were the order of the day, these are cute little  all-in-one  bite size cake balls, that only an American could have come up with! And true to American style they are soooooo easy. I cheat terribly when making these and as i was poorly -sorry no 'making them' pictures but seriously, they are dead easy  -                                                        Make up a store bought cake-easy! let it cool and crumble it so that it looks like earth-easy! Add a store bought ready made frosting(icing) about 3/4 of the tub-easy! (mix with the BACK of a spoon) roll into bite size balls and put in to your fridge to set-easy! now comes the most tricky part.... melt some chocolate, add a lolly stick to your ball and dip into the chocolate(use a deep bowl and lots of chocolate -try and dip the pop all in one go,this can be tricky) add some decorations and VOILA! Cake Pops = Happy Children! there is a gorgeous book on Amazon called quite simply Cake Pops by Bakerella  



Pink for Girls and Blue for Boys


And just some random things.......




Remember the  Brinjals/Aubergines I was growing, they were delicious, sliced, grilled, lemon juice and lots of course salt with LSO's steak(the best steak ever!) and a glass of..... yes, you guessed, Red wine - A perfect meal!




And to end off the week, gorgeous little baby yellow buttercups, bought for me by Little Madam, who is always so happy to buy anyone flowers! Have I mentioned that she is an AnGeL ......... Our Gift from God!



 xxxxxx




  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx