There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Saturday 26 May 2012

Beach Bums


We live in a "small" fishing village, those of you, who know me will laugh because it is anything but small. We live on the East Coast of South Africa, and it is extremely hot and during the Summer months, humid! Why am I giving you a geography lesson, well..... We have a beach! I am ashamed to say, we never ever go to it! (LSO and I are not really beach type people -far too much sand!) Every now and again we pop off to our local beach to walk our dog( It is NOT often) Little Madame is always excited but ends up not happy, like her Mama and Daddy, I don't think she is much of a beach person, actually I recall the first time we every took her to the beach, she cried so much, that we had to leave before our beach picnic, so much for that. But i digress, she bravely put on her new swimming costume, a Marks and Spencer purchase and off we went.........    

LSO and Baron


A Sand Angel!(Toddler One)

Although we don't go often , I am always astounded by the beauty of the ocean, each wave is different and unique! The late afternoon sun is gorgeous and cast such beautiful shadows on the water and sand, and the warm sand is like a mini massage for your feet, men fish and children play in the water, the small waves chasing them back up the beach into the waiting arms of mommy's, who are relaxed and happy! It really is a magical place!

As we have a huge harbour, there are always a multitude of ships waiting to dock, on this afternoon, I counted 18. have you ever wondered what sailors do all day on the wide open sea? I mean its not like the old days where everything was done by hand! What amazing things do they see.......

Family Footprints
Foot prints are made and washed away in the blink of and eye! Time never stands still on the beach! I also love looking out over the ocean and wondering, if there is someone else out there on a distant shore, lookin out over the ocean and thinking the exact same thing as I am.... Gosh I am going on a bit on today.......


Beach Treasurer's




Soon it was all to much for Little Madame, who promptly hitched a ride on Daddy's back! Baron protested loudly, but the sun was setting and we had spent a lovely afternoon on the beach, it was time to head home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx