There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Camping,I think not!

"What me camp? - NEVER!!" those were the words that came shooting out of my mouth the very first time LSO ever suggested that we go camping- I can honestly say it just was not my "thing" But after much pushing and shoving (I would like to say begging and pleading-but it was'nt) I relented! That was about 10 years ago and since then,  I have really come to enjoy it. We all love going camping, BUT only when there is no one else around! So we generally go camping in the middle of the week, when we are totally alone.  We have alot more creature comforts now(dare I say, that as we have gotten older, they are needed!) like strecher beds and gas cookers....Little Madam loves camping, she gets quiet giddy at the mere thought of it! I think it is all about spending so much time with her beloved  daddy.  They potter off on the boat and fish and talk about the beautiful sunset,birds and life!  We recently tootled off on a little midweek camping trip, here are a few pic's to show you what I mean.........


Daddy doing all the work, while Little Madam relaxes-you can just see little feet


Beautiful Autumn Colours

Beautiful Sunsets

Haunting Tree's

My best Camping Picture!

Mother Nature At Her Best

A Comfy Camping Chair...... Whats That In That Bag??????
Oh Yes - My Crochet Bag Even Made The Trip !

A Big Fire and A Small Fire

A Glorious Warm Fire




Sunrise At Its Best
A New Day Dawn's



The Princess Is Awake!
So, as you can see I have fully embraced this campimg thing! Let me tell you what I love best about it: Geese flying overhead at sunset, watching God paint the sky gorgeous colours, warm toasty fires,  roasted marshmallows(Possibly my favorite camping thing) Little Madam having so much fun, watching her gently fall asleep on my lap in front of the fire, listening to the night, watching bush TV(LSO call the fire Bush TV) a glass of red wine, getting sleepy in front of the fire........ and the quiet, most of all the quiet! It truely is food for my soul!


PS:  I must give credit where it is due... the gorgeous sunrise pictures where taken by LSO, I was still fast asleep zzzzzzzzzz   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx