There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Friday 24 April 2015

Granny Sunburst Update.....

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away........ (yes I love Star Wars) I started a crochet blanket, During the renovation to be precise. In my head it became the renovation blanket and I was determined to finish it during the 3 month of  breaking and building. Alas it was not to be! I tried, I tried really, really hard but so much  STUFF kept getting in the way. What stuff you may ask.... I mean what is more important than crochet?
  

It is a WIP (Work in progress) Now to be perfectly fair to myself. I have managed 35 beautiful blocks. However as those of you who crochet will know, 35 beautiful blocks are a mere drop in the ocean when one is crocheting a blanket. I wanted this blanket to fit a double bed... so it has to be big, and 35 blocks just don't cut it. I sort of had 60 blocks in my mind. So thought I was nearly done....



 
Shock and Horror!  When I lay the 35 blocks down, (as you can see from  the picture above) it is not even big enough for a baby blanket. I mean when you put a blanket over you, one  wants it to warm more than just you knee's ,right?



And so it is back to the production line, I  am making these blocks in stages..... I do 20 middle rounds, finish them weave in the end then do the next step and so one. I usually finish one whole block at a time but this way I don't have to take all the yarn with me in a huge basket. This way, it a ball of yarn, my hook and 2 or 3 round in my hand bag, its working well!  

 
 
 

 Now even though I have a far way to go and at this stage it seems like a galaxy away.... I am loving this pattern and the look of how it is coming together. The colours are muted and tranquil. I love sitting on my patio and hooking the little rounds. I will confess to having just started a crochet wreath.... I kept getting asked, had I seen Lucy from Attic24's beautiful wreath? Yes, I had and  so I am working on that too. Obviously a post will follow!

Little Madame took one look at it and told me that  her crochet blanket was way to small now and that this was her new blanket. Oh, and to get a move on as winter was coming! The cheeky little mare! So maybe it will become  a single bed blanket and maybe just maybe, it will be finished by the start of winter. Maybe....... xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx