There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Sunday 19 April 2015

A Little Directon....

 

I am no stranger to boy bands in fact Take That was possible the best boy band EVER!!So , a few years back when Little Madame started to take a interest in the phenomenon that is One Direction, I was mildly amused, She takes after her mama! Clever Child!!
 
I was totally naive to think that it would wane, in fact after having to purchase 1D bedding, 1D towels, 1D pyjama's, 1D bags, 1D tee shirts and any other 1D item she saw, I was beginning to think we had a problem, she is only little after all.
 
 But not too little to hear that they were coming to our neck of the woods and BEG and PLEAD for tickets. Which after sitting in a waiting room on the world wide web for 2 hours with fingers poised over the key board... we managed to get, well I cannot lie, my friend Vic's got in before I did and got us tickets with her gang! Thank you Vic's.
 
That dear peeps was over a year ago...... YES...1 year ! For one year I have heard 'Mama is it nearly time see One Direction?'  
 
 
Well, finally the day came. We were going to the Cape Town show as none of the big gun ever come to our fishing village. We were also going to spend a few days there before and after the concert as it all coincided with our school holidays. Excitement reigned supreme  as we left....... We had an amazing holiday but that's for another post..... 
 

The long awaited day arrived, hair was flat ironed and a little lip gloss was allowed. Adorned in every piece of 1D clothing she had, our little gang set out .The big and small girls were equally excited! I even had a 1D T-shirt on. The stadium was already full when we got there and the excitement was high! You could feel it in the air!


 
The older girls were kitted out in their best, tightest, smallest and shortest attire. Signs were cute and funny, and  some were actually very clever......
 
 
 
After a long walk(we were sent in the wrong Direction.. Get it?) we found our seats, and I must say 7 rows from the front, was a great place to be. As I sat there taking everything in, I was transported back to days when I saw Robbie Williams, Sting, Micheal Jackson, Janet Jackson, Gloria Estefan... to name  a few. The excitement of a live concert is something you cannot describe and I honestly fell blessed that I could share that with my Little Madame.  



As the sunset over Cape Town, the opening act started, a local talent, named Johny Apple(I had never heard of him) He was funny, sweet and appealed to the girls who were screaming and yelling in minutes....

The excitement  mounted and mounted and soon the stadium was full of 60 000 screaming men(yes, men) women, sons(yes, sons too)  and  daughters ..... people of every shape, form and persuasion were there all waiting......


We were on our feet screaming, clapping, doing wave after Mexican wave. Waving, joking and making friends with those 'Directioners' around us.....Waiting in anticipation.....FINALLY...


The lights went down, and from were we were seated I could see the boys in the wings, I wondered how they were feeling right then, waiting to go on stage with thousands of adoring fans screaming their names, what a magical feeling.  The music build..... The big screens started to flash images of them....And suddenly a whole years worth of waiting was over. There before her little eyes was were Little Madame hero's One Direction. Now I am no big photographer or writer but I wish that could have captured her face and reaction to seeing Harry Styles for the first time.... It was priceless, it was inspiring, it was a gift!
 


Now I would be remiss if I didn't give you a big 'girls' take on these fine young men. They are all really good looking young men - Lois, being cute and funny, Liam the spokesperson and Naill, a real talent, playing guitar and singing through the entire show.  I have always thought that Lois was quite cute, however..... Harry Styles is another story altogether! What a gorgeous, sexy young man! He oozes charm and he knows it!  No wonder these girls were hysterical over him! He has hair flipping down to a fine art and those gold boots were HOT! If only I was a few years younger... (Alright, all you smarty pants peeps! ) ALOT younger!

I think what works most about them is how much fun they had on stage. No synchronised dance moves or dressing all the same.... they chase one another around the stage, don't dance, pour water on each other, chatter away while the others are singing and take so many selfies...... They put on and unbelievable show, everyone was up and dancing, singing along and generally having fun. Not once did I lose interest or get bored.



As they began to sing 'Little Things' my favourite One Direction song, a slow ballad about the imperfection that make a man love a woman, I glanced up, a full and haunting moon was rising above the stadium, it was a moment I don't think I will ever forget! The song, the moon, my little girl's first ever concert, it was quite simply  perfection! 


The night ended with the 'Best song ever' followed by a fantastic fire work show and then it was all over! Done and Dusted!  The lights came up and I felt quiet sad that it was finished!


So am  I a convert, no I am not! I am a total and absolute DIRECTIONER! Should they ever pass by our shores again, I will be the first in line to buy tickets, well right behind Little Madame that is....... xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx