There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 15 April 2015

1,2 Buckle My Shoe


A while ago I waxed lyrically about a icing class that I attend. Remember...... Have A look Here if you don't. Well if you look at the post it was written one year ago. we have made some really pretty and incredibly beautiful things... Love bird cupcakes, skateboard figures, a little ballerina, Santa's and gingerbread men, cute mini cakes and decorated Easter eggs to name a few......


Now before I tell you what we made I need to talk about the group of ladies that I go with.... We have become a 'club'..An Icing Club  There are 8 permanently ladies and a few that flit in and out.... but more than a club we have become friends. We laugh together, cry together, are happy for each other, share all the joys of being parents, and the trial and tribulations of husbands.  We all live vicariously through each other. There is a teacher, a beauty therapist(she is single and having a blast) a receptionist,  a few  business women (1 flies in for classes from far away), a couple of moms and our beloved and amazing teacher Kerry! Kerry is a saint, we laugh when she talks,  talk over her, tease her unmercifully and sometimes I think she would like to put us in the naughty corner. We are a group of very different women but somehow the dynamic of this group works perfectly!  
 
 

So we made SHOES...... Beautiful creative gorgeous shoes. Exquisite high heeled shoes! now they were all supposed to be the same but each and every shoes was different, each and every shoe had the personality of the Icing Club I have just talked about. 

 
They looked really difficult, but ever the great teacher Kerry showed us exactly how they would come together, every step of the way(and I promise not  to bore you with each and every step) explained in detail. And then we were let loose to create and make......


Shoe's of every kind began to emerge. Oo's and ah's could be heard all down the table and to be honest with you .... I think it was the  quietest this class had ever been! Shoe's of all description were produced... Snake skin shoes, stencilled flowers, bows, little embellishment of silver, some covered with bling bling, others plain, some chic, some a little edgy, some a little over the top but each and every shoe was a master piece and reflected the creators personality!  
 

Sunday morning dawned and the only thing I could think about was a pretty pink shoe. A lacy pretty shoe with pearls on it! So when little Madame asked what we were doing I told her we were making shoes... My pink shoe took shape and it was everything I had imagined while lying in bed the previous evening. I added stitching to the sole and a label - see what I would call my shoe line....LOOLABOO of course!  
 





I am in love with my shoes, actually totally smitten! I keep going  to the kitchen  to just look at them. I cannot believe I made them! Maybe I missed my calling maybe I should have been a shoes designer, I could make a fortune, give all the designers a run for there money . Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin  - Be afraid be very afraid...... Looalaboo is coming to town xxx
 

PS. The collage below are the pictures of the shoe Little Madame created.... Maybe I should be afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx