There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Spicy Peaches

 
I think I am in BIG TROUBLE!! As a matter of a fact Trouble with a capital T. Why you all ask?..... I cannot stop preserving things! My pantry runneth over so to speak and we are not eating things quickly enough. I though I would go and count exactly what was in there, but got too scared when I opened the pantry door!
 
BUT
 
Still I carry on preserving.... my latest yummy thing - Spicy Peaches and are they good...... Full of Ginger, Cinnamon and Cloves! Let me explain to you before I go any further..... I sort of read recipe books like you would read 50 Shades of Grey(will leave that for another post - well actually, don't think I will blog about that book!!)  I get bored, wonder through to the kitchen and haul out a cook book and then I go into a food trance and I MUST PRESERVE!! (My voluptuous rear end is never gonna be any thing but voluptuous!) And Nigella just does it for me!( Her rear end is pretty voluptuous too  Quick and Easy  ....... of course!
  
This Recipe is in the Nigella Express book.  I got so excited about these peaches that I took very few pictures- SoRrY!
 
 
Ginger
 
Ready for The Stove
 
So this is the gorgeous recipe:

2 x 400g Cans of Peaches(in Syrup)
15ml White Wine Vinegar
2 sticks of Cinnamon
4cm Piece of Ginger (finely sliced)
1/4 tsp Peppercorns
1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
4 Whole Cloves

Wait for it...... Toss everything into a pot and bring to the boil, let it simmer for a few minutes and put the stove off. Pour into sterile bottles and seal! DONE.... Seriously what could be more simple!


Bottled


The smell of these Gorgeous Golden Peaches wafted out my kitchen window, over the garden wall and into my neighbours kitchen, I know this because I received an SMS asking what the delicious smell was!(maybe I should give her a bottle- will be one less to eat!)

Now about all that yumminess in my pantry - I WILL NOT PRESERVE ANYTHING ELSE TILL I WE HAVE EATEN SOME OF IT!...... Do you believe me? OOOOOh, you know me so well! Happy Preserving darling Peeps! xxx



Actually Not as Bad as I Thought!

2 comments:

Thanks for reading my blog xxx