There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 17 September 2012

Beautiful Botanic Gardens

 
 
I think by now that you all know how much I LOVE my home, LSO and I refer to it  as the 'estate' and we love being at home, in our garden! We love the warmth, the smell and the absolute little haven that we have created for our selves..... In saying that , I must also admit to the fact that I have become a little bit of a recluse and am always able to find something to do at home on the weekends, resulting in us not visiting all the lovely attractions that we have here in our little fishing village!
 
One such attraction is our beautiful Botanical Gardens!  Little Madame was recently asked by one of our friends, if she would do a photo shoot for her, she is a budding photographer, with so much talent and such a good eye for detail! Now being that my Little madame thinks she is Heidi Klum, she said she would love to. Said Aspiring friend asked us to meet her at the Botanic Gardens, I rolled my eyes, because I thought it would be HEAVING with people, it was a Sunday afternoon after all...... Well did I have to eat humble pie, a BIG FAT PIECE of it!
 
While the model and the photographer, did their thing, I wondered off with my trusty little camera in hand to try and capture some of the beauty around me. The tree's were massive and old,  the lawns green(thank you Mother Nature for all the rain lately)Tiny flowers were blooming everywhere! Bamboo was thick, and the Banyan tree's amazing with their root system that begins in the actual tree itself.
 
 I was amazed at the peace and tranquillity the prevailed in these gorgeous green gardens..... People were picnicking on the lush green lawn, games of soccer and cricket had sprung up everywhere.  Lovers were quietly gazing into each other eyes oblivious to to screaming children being chased by their dad's. There were monkeys, geese and large noisy Hadedas adding to the general relaxed mayhem....... Mommy ducks, marching tiny baby duckling along the lake side, were so sweet.  It was wonderful, I really enjoyed it so much, so much so that I have promise Little Madame a picnic there this coming Sunday.....
 
I wished that I could capture the afternoon and keep it forever......  
   
  
Botanic Beauty
 
 
 
 A Banyan Tree- Where Does It Start Or End 

A Fluffy White Feather
  
Flowers and Sunlight
 
 The Tranquil Lake

Lovers


Children Playing
 

Endless Green Lawn

Seed Pods

Sunlight Dancing

Wonder If She Knew That Monkey Was Sooo Close?
 
 
 
Huge Old Tree's

Interesting Sculptures - See the Real Child In the Middle?

Thick Bamboo
It really was a wonderful afternoon, I cannot wait to go back with a picnic blanket, basket full of yummy things, book and a ball, and while away the afternoon just watching people be happy..... xxx


Ps:: My plans for a tranquil picnic were ruined when it rained again this entire weekend.... Oh Well maybe next weekend  - Dare I chant 'Rain Rain go away......' xxx

2 comments:

  1. Really stunning pics Ashley1 I agree....it is so stunning there. I really need to go again. I can't wait to see the pics of Sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely read, you really write so beautifully !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx