There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Tuesday 11 September 2012

It's Raining .... It's Pouring.....

 
It's been chucking it down here in the Fishing Village - and I do mean chucking down!!! For about a week it has poured with rain, causing all kinds of flooding and road blockage and general havoc...... I have watched as our swimming pool got really full and then just sort of over flowed! Now everyone in my family seems to think its my fault...... No one can go outside - So it must be MOM'S fault! Try keeping a toddler, a dog and 2 cats  entertained while it is raining cats and dogs outside - mmmmm NOT EASY!
 
 Now I am a very optimistic person - in fact I am one of those infuriating people who try and find the good in everything - you know the kind " The rain is lovely - the earth needs it, look how it's washing everything clean!" But even I was a bit over the rain, so when opening the curtains on Thursday morning to yet MORE RAIN!!! I turned to Little Madame and told her "Stay in bed, it's still raining" this was met with a whoooop of delight and she promptly turned over pulled the duvet over her head  and went back to sleep..... I did what any good, self respecting mother should, I joined her!!! Sheer Bliss!!!
 
Later, much, much, much, (and another) MUCH later, when we finally got up and wondered through to the kitchen in our PJ's, we decided to bake some Banana Bread for breakfast(there always seems to be over ripe nana's in my kitchen) This my mom's recipe and although mine never turns out as yummy as hers, I never stop trying....... 
 
The Making


Yummy!!!!

So after tea and warm Banana Bread we set about pottering, colouring in(I love colouring in- why do we stop colouring in when we become adults, it is therapeutic and above all else FUN!) playing with play dough and generally lazing around by the fire, it was soon time to think about supper. Now to be brutally honest with you, I could have have MORE Banana Bread for supper but Fussy One wanted and I quote....' Beany Soup'
Now I must let you all in on a wonderful secret little book (and it is Little) and I need to do a Ta Dah before I tell you the title-that is how BRILLIANT this little book is, so ready ...... TA DAH!!!!! 101 SMART SUPPERS! It is a BBC book and I purchased it a few years ago in Wales. Most of the meals only take 20 minutes and are all delicious!! In particular Bacon, Bean and Pasta Soup! I always have a packet of Bacon in my freezer and Mixed Beans in the cupboard..... as it has become a family favourite and is often requested! 

So here is the Recipe for you to try.....

1 packet streaky bacon (chopped)
2 Leeks (halved and chopped)
4 Carrots (you guessed it Chopped)
1 tin of mixed Beans(drained)
1 small tin Tomato Puree
50g Pasta (any kind - snap Spaghetti in half- it works just as well)
Chicken Stock - about 1 lt
Parmesan cheese

Fry Bacon
Add leeks and carrots -fry for about 5 min
Add the rest and simmer till carrots and pasta are soft
Put in bowls with Cheese on the top
MUNCH!!!!!

I serve it with warm toasty bread, and normally go back for seconds and thirds and .........

If there is any left, it freezes really well!
 

The Making
 

The Munching!
 

Pretty Pink Things

 
Playing with Play Dough

Pretty Play Dough Flowers
After Dinner, we jumped into a warm bath then snuggled up in front of the now roaring fire to watch TV, but soon there were yawns all round so we took Hot Chocolate(and Banana Bread)  and huddled under the warm duvet . We fell asleep while listening to the rain playing soft tunes on our roof........Sheer Bliss! xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx