There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Sunday 9 September 2012

Crochet Bits and Bobs!

I have a confession to make, my beautiful ripple blanket, has become one of those very long and very laborious projects, it involves lots and lots of concentration and lots of counting, so it's not something I can do while in front of the TV every night, so it's really slowed down, well it's at snails pace to be quiet honest!

Love the Ripple

It Is Growing in Size-SLOWLY!

I have found 2 really gorgeous Crochet books,(at a local book store - nearly fainted) they have small and very fast little projects in them and I am really enjoying churning out some quick things(with a bit of attention given to said blue ripple blanket every now and again!)


This Book is Gorgeous!
 

Love Those Dolls!
 
In the Crochet Adornments book I found this headband and as I have never tried to do any "Lacy" crochet, I decide to tackle it. I love it because it is very vintage and lacy, and also I have a bit of a headband fetish if truth be told! It was very quick and easy and was done in about an hour, I love it when you can see things coming together quickly, there is nothing worse for me than going on and on and just never seeing the item take shape. I blocked it the next day(blocking is pinning an item out so that it takes shape and sort of stretches out to shown the whole pattern, you pin it to a hard surface-I use my sun room floor, then you spray it over with some water and leave it to dry, and Voila! It stays exactly the way you have stretched it out and looks lovely!
 
 
Blocking

 Very Vintage
 
How it Looks! Love It!

I LoVe, LOVE, LURRVE IT and can already feel another one in another colour coming on, with maybe a huge crochet flower - what do you think?

Moving swiftly along...... This bird brooch was too darling to resist and after I had mastered it,(was a little tricky) the next one took all of 7 minute to whip up - LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!  Another thing I love about the book is that is shows detailed diagrams, exactly where a stitch goes and how many- and once you can read the plan(for want of a better word) you don't really have to follow the worded pattern - gosh that sounds ridiculous!!!!


 
Birdie number one done(above),  Then all three (below) now I have to starch it and sew the three little feathered friends together- mine seem a little big compared to the book so will have to see, don't want an entire flock of birds fly across my chest.......... 
 
Three Little Birdies .....See the Diagram??
 
 
 
 
The Flower for my mother's Granny Square blanket also came from this book!
  
 
And gorgeous earrings too!

 
Two Pairs
 
A Cuff Thingy I Am Working On - Haven't Quite Got it Right Yet

Another Neck Scarf - Just Because ......
 
So this week has been taken up with lots of yarning pursuits and it has been fun, I have also sort of committed to doing a market with a friend of mine in October(will show you somethings soon - busy with some gorgeous rag dolls!), sooooo must get the fingers flying...... and the beautiful blue ripple blanket....... I promise to give it lots more attention ...... sometime soon! xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx