There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Thursday 5 December 2013

Pffft Ramsbottom...... hahahahaha!

  
Did you lovely peeps look at the post title and think, 'Yip, she has finally  lost it!" Well to be totally honest I would not blame you, except that its not madness its LOVE ! LoVe I tell you LoVe !!! I have fallen totally and unreservedly in love with MINIONS! Whations??? I hear you ask , well for those of you with movie-going-children, you know would know,  they are the sweet adorable little yellow characters in Dispicable Me 2, and for those of you without children - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????
 
They are funny little yellow things that look like beans, they have a language all of their own, they sing and dance, do all Gru's dirty work and did I mention they are  FUNNY!! Little Madame and I watch them on you tube and roll about laughing, so did I mention that they are FUNNY!! I have even relented and allow the family to eat at the Mickey D's, just because there are the toy with the happy meal...........
 
Soooo, I was trawling Pintrest the other night when I came across crocheted Minions - Oh JoY Oh RaPtUrE!!!!!! I saved it and the very next morning printed the pattern out to make one for MYSELF! Yes for me! But alas the pattern was a bit difficult and I found my self doing my own thing, so I began to write it all down and what follows is my very own minion pattern, and my sweet funny little minion!   
 
Minion  Body
 You will need:  Yellow Wool
                           Blue Wool 
                           Black Wool 
                           Grey Wool(a tiny bit) 
                           Googly Eyes 
 
Size 4 hook 
 
 
Body:
 
Rnd 1 - chain 4 and slip stitch to make a circle. Sc 6 into this circle
Rnd 2 - Inc into the 6 sc (12)
Rnd 3 - Inc then sc into the next sc - repeat all the way around (18)
Rnd 4 - Inc then sc into the next  2 sc - repeat all the way around (24)
Rnd 5 - Inc then sc into the next  3 sc - repeat all the way around (30)
Rnd 6 - 20 sc all the way round -  I count or I become confused - but I am Blonde
Rnd 21 -  sc into the next 3 then dec  - repeat all the way around(24) 
Rnd 22 -  sc into the next 2 then dec  - repeat all the way around(18)
Stuff your little minion now
Rnd 23 -  sc into the next sc then dec  - repeat all the way around(12)
Now keep decreasing until you have closed the hole. Fasten off and sew in the ends

 

Minion Arms
 
Arms:(make 2)
 

Rnd 1 - Chain 11
Rnd 2 - turn sc in the 2nd chain stitch, sc across
Repeat until you have 10 rows. finish off and leave  long piece of yarn .
Now roll up the little rectangle and sew it together -  arms done


Minion Overall
Overall:

Rnd 1 - chain 4 and slip stitch to make a circle. Sc 6 into this circle
Rnd 2 - Inc into the 6 sc (12)
Rnd 3 - Inc then sc into the next sc - repeat all the way around (18)
Rnd 4 - Inc then sc into the next  2 sc - repeat all the way around (24)
Rnd 5 - Inc then sc into the next  3 sc - repeat all the way around (30)
Rnd 6 - 13 sc all the way around
Rnd 7 -sc 10 then turn chain 1 then sc cross all 10 stitches, do this 2 times(forming the bib part of the overall = 3 rows of single crochet)
then chain 20(this is the strap)
Now go back to the front bib and count 8 stitches then slip stitch into the 8th stitch.This is where your back bib will be.
sc 5, turn 1 chain and sc across the 5 stitches, chain 17 and slip stitch it to the front bib and fasten off!

Pocket:

Chain 4 turn and sc across all 4 chain stitches do this 4 times (4 rows).
sew onto the middle of the front bib!

Dressed Minion

Arms And Eyes
Goggles: (grey wool)
First off double you wool, the goggles must be thick.
Chain 13 and join to form a circle. makes 2
Then sew them together in the middle
Change to black wool
Join the black wool to the side of one goggle, then make about 40 chain stitches(measure around your minions head)
Slip stitch the end into the other side of the goggle. sew the ends in


 
Minion Goggles
 
Boots and Hands:
 
I cannot tell a lie..... I struggled with the boots and hands, I eventually got the boots right BUT did not write down the pattern and if I had to try and give it to you......Well it would be a mess and then you would be cross with me.... So my poor little Minion has wonky boots and alas NO hands as I just could not get the hands right either!!!  PLEASE if any of you have a pattern for hands and boots - I would be for ever grateful...... And please forgive me for an incomplete pattern!!
 
Boots.......
So although my funny little Minion has no hands, he is still very cute! He lives with all Little Madams Minions in her room, I mean did I honestly think he was mine to keep...... Every time I walk into her room I have to smile, there he sits on the shelve, as sweet as can be, waiting for the dead of night to make MINION MISCHIEF! xxx
 
 
 
Sweet Little Minion
  

1 comment:

  1. Oh no man Ashley.....you are so clever !!!!!! Minion is sooooo cute, i love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx