There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Headway Has My Heart!


Today was one of the days I have been dreading for weeks now, Little Madame's last day at Pre School! There were tears, Big Fat crocodile tears! Now please don't get me wrong.... I am very happy for her to be moving onto "big" school, but the thought of her leaving this school has brought me to me knee's! Why I hear you all ask.... Well it's the people who own, run and teach at this absolutely AMAZING place, and I call it place because "school" is not the right word for it!  I cannot bear the thought of not seeing them every day, saying Hi, watch them laugh and hug the children! Nurture them and love them as though they are the only children in the world!  

From the first day that LSO and I walked into Headway and met the BEAUTIFUL and SERENE, Mrs Krummeck ( have put those words into shouty capital because - she really is beautiful and serene) Heard her talk with such passion about the school and teachers, put us at easy about our one and only, we knew that this school was where we wanted our little angel to be!
 
The first day was traumatic for me and thank the good Lord above that my beloved sister was with me, I was the one being pulled away from Little Madame(and I think I would have sat outside in my car and waited until 12 to fetch her, if Cin had of allowed me to) I need not have feared as the gorgeous Miss Hughes and Miss Blackman made her so welcome, Little Madame was instant in love with Jenna and all I heard for the rest of the year was Miss Hughes says this ...... and Miss Hughes says that...... In short Miss Hughes was/is her IDOL! Now I must confess, I also had/have a bit of a girly crush on the lovely Miss Hughes, who turned out to be a kindred spirit, she bakes, sews and is exceptionally creative!(Although I have yet to teach her to crochet) Sound familiar??? 
  
Fun Days
Every single function that we have attended at the school has been awesome, Mothers day picnics, Daddy date night, Grandparents morning and  OH THE CONCERTS, don't get me started on those..... Last year was all about a Little Rainbow  Fish, complete with Mermaids, Sharks, and Jeremiah the Bullfrog(Chris the general handyman) Who stole the show!  This year was Round the World! Can Can dancers, French soldiers, Indian dancing girls, American Cowgirls, and ending with a rendition of HEAL THE WORLD! There was not a dry eye among the Moms and DADS!(Yes Dads, I saw you wiping tears away too ) How Mrs Krummeck and  all the teachers get all these little angels to perform an hour long concert is mind boggling..... But they do!

Christmas Concert Night!

 
Moms Morning!

Grade R came as quite a shock to Little Madame! More structured, a uniform and without her beloved Thomas!(she told me on the first day of school that she had met the man she was going to marry, this was the quite and sweet Thomas) Her BFF Bella had gone off to another school too. There were tears! But not for long because in stepped Mrs Calmeyer the LADY of the school. Now I call her this because she is the epitome of LADY, calm yet fun, strict yet gentle, always looks beautiful and  is absolutely  and firmly in charge, the perfect transitional teacher! I must say that when I  first  met her I felt like I was about 10 years old again....but as with all the wonderful teachers at this school, I have grown to absolutely adore her!(and her wonderful husband) Her assistant teacher and the person, who is possibly the most willing person I know is Mrs Nicholson.  She helps with everything, knows everything and everyone, in short she is the go-to-person!(and according to Little Madame,  she is the best at ZULU!)     
  

The Class of 2013

And so we must move on..... Will her new school prove to be as AWESOME, we will wait and see. Its is a different ball game, for me as well as for her. I have no doubt she will adapt quickly and happily..... Me not so much! I don't like saying goodbye, I don't like leaving the familiar behind! I like being around people with positive and HAPPY minds and HEARTS! And that in short is Headway.... And so to all the beautiful teachers and people(Keith and Francine) who make Headway the most amazing school, Thank you for the last 2 years they have be the BEST and I will not say goodbye, in actual fact I refuse to say goodbye, I also know that I don't have to because I have made life long friends at Headway! So see you next year Headway Gang! Francine, I will be visiting for Hazelnut Coffee and long chats! xxx

Hand On Heart for Headway!



1 comment:

  1. What beautiful words my friend, I can only wholeheartedly agree with everything you have said. For me it being the first and unfortunaltey only year at Headway, but what a difference it has made both in my life and my little angel Genevieve's life, not only the wonderful teachers, and happy environment but meeting a wonderful mom like you, who I can relate to, and who feels the same way I do about our little ones (and yes they will always be our "little" ones). I am too going to miss Headway, and hope that their years at Fatima will be just as awesome for them. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx