There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 2 September 2013

Tinkle Tinkle Little Star!


We have a new addition to our family...... and before you all get overly excited - NO, I have not had a baby.... perish the thought..... Are you insane....... NEVER!!
 
We decided a few months ago that the estate needed another hound, many heated discussions  ensued as to what hound we would get.... I wanted a Yorkie( but apparently they count as RATS not dogs) and LSO wanted a Labrador, we then thought that maybe another Spaniel was the way to go, since we had one already the debate was heated went on for weeks.... then the hound thoughts went quiet for a bit..... actually quiet a while..... and I thought we had gotten passed it all. I mean really 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 goldfish and 1 Siamese fighting fish (which had been a purchase by my sister for Little Madame - when I was not around....insert a frowny face here!!)  was enough!
 
But apparently I was wrong, as a few weeks ago, I was told that a new puppy had been found and was arriving that afternoon..... And so on a cold winters evening a sweet little puppy arrived at the Estate.... she was tiny and even I was enchanted, Little Madame promptly named her Star!
 

Star
 
 When she arrived she was quiet and reserved, sweet and fluffy and white, she slept well and seemed like a placid and angelic little dog...... 
 
Aw...... Little Baby
But as we all know looks can be deceiving...... Stop all the chuckling and guffawing!!! As her confidence grew so did her aptitude for being inquisitive. She is into everything, if it is not moving she is sniffing it, and boy can she sniff!  Star is the ultimate burrower and sniffer, she plants her little nose in the ground and heaves in great big sniffs of whatever it is that has got her attention! The first time I heard it I thought that we had also purchased a pig... Which I would not put passed LSO!


What is in there?

She can also make a meal of anything.... and I do mean anything, I know it certainly is not a good subject but, I water in the "business" and I have discovered, Lego, bits of doll, marbles, hair clips and plastic.... good thing it all comes out or we would be up to our eyeballs in vets bills! And as you can see she loves wood, and we often have to chase her as she makes off with a piece....

That Looks Tasty....


Yes It Most Certainly Is....

No Its Mine....

OK, I Am Out Of Here

She would get a gold Medal for eating at the Olympics if we entered her. She is a voracious eater! and you have to be quick or your hand will be supper. She eats all her food then moves in on Baron food.  and then the fight is on......

 
Supper Is Served
 
Speaking of fighting, it would seem that all a cute and cuddly puppy wants to do is fight - well play fight that is... Poor Baron, she attacks for anything... she hangs onto his floppy long spaniel ears and never lets go...He is always running for his life... I swear sometime he looks at me and asks 'WHY OH WHY did you usurp me like this??.... I was Happy...Once! But at least they are friends!
 

See What I Mean

One of my favourite things to do with Star is Puppy Class! Puppy classes are a treat, I sit on the bank of a field and giggle and laugh at the antics of the puppy's and the reaction of the owners.... It is priceless! The dogs clearly run the show with owner scrambling around trying to look like they are in charge!  Star is the smallest little puppy at puppy class, but is very clever and has worked out the good behaviour = FOOD! We thought that it would be an ideal way for Star and Little Madame to bond..... And for once we were right, as a matter of fact little miss Star will only listen to Little Madame now.... They adore each other! Star follows Little Madame everywhere, to the point of trying very hard to sneak onto the couch with her...... Well that's just not going to happen! 


Sit, Stay,Walk!

And so, we have our new dog, she is not only is she pretty, but she is clever too.....She has crept into our hearts as only a puppy can and we all love her dearly, some of us less than other (Yes! Baron, I do mean you) As I look down at my feet(she is lying under the computer table on my feet) And she looks up at me, with  those very expressive Labrador eyebrows and eyes! I can see that she is as in love with us as we are with her.... Now if she would only learn to STOP peeing in the kitchen. xxx


She Is So Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx