There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Thursday 5 September 2013

Holiday Home

  
 Little Madame has everything that opens and shuts..... at last count she had 42 Barbie dolls, excessive I know, but for every new Barbie movie there is a new doll - and she just HAS-TO-HAVE -IT or she would apparently die - and we cant have that now can we...... She has a LaLaLoopsy House, a Barbie house and the latest fad was a Sylvanian Families House, so all in all you can see that I spoil her ROTTEN - Yes I do I am not ashamed to admit it,  I will step up to the plate...... I spoil her.
 
Now the funny thing about children is that no matter how many of the latest toys they have, the simplest thing keep them the happiest - Isn't that the truth! Think of your child's first Christmas, toys galore and what did they end up playing with? The BOXES and WRAPPING PAPER...... Well my Little Madame certainly did!
 
Where am I going with all this rambling .... Here it is.... During the recent school holidays, Little Madame brought me a book that we had bought a while back on a sale called The Rainy Day Book. with all sorts of crafts to do on rainy days of course, she want to make the little dolls house..... You have four dolls houses go play with those.... But I L-O-V-E this one Mama -  See what I mean!! 
  
 
 
It was actually a really ingenious idea, using any old box, and house hold bits and bobs, small boxes, match boxes, pipe cleaners, lids from various thing and some scrapbook paper. As a matter of fact we did not need to go out and buy anything at all.
 

So with everything we needed, assembled we set to work - I used an old storage box, but a shoe box would be perfect too. We cut and gloopy glued, scrap book paper to the walls and floors. Match boxes were emptied and made in to chest of drawers and a little arm chair, and Little Madame produced  the cutest little lamp, made from a cupcake liner, pipe cleaner and a cotton reel, it really is very sweet. Now the one thing that little peeps don't have is patience.... not even a little, so I had to distract her with other tasks while we waited for gloopy glue to dry. I got her making Perla bead flowers for the flower pot, which was a toothpaste top! (the beads did not work and in the end we used a little lace flower)
 
 
I used anything I could find, a tiny Estee Lauder sample box became a cupboard, the carpet is a knitted square and the table is a tablet lid glued onto a glue stick top. And the best thing about it all was that is was not fiddly work, little fingers could do it all(with the tiniest amount of supervision)!  


Now the book says to paint all the furniture but as attention spans are not so very long at this age, I cut out strips of scrapbook paper and helped her cover  all the furniture, a glue stick worked really well here as it glues instantly and there is less mess! The Chair was four match boxes stacked , and the chest of drawers was three match boxes stacked on top of one another(the drawers even open and close), so simple but so sweet!
 

We glued a tiny peg onto the wall for picture hanging and Little Madame made a window, to which she glued some lace as a curtain. A pompom served as a cushion and VOILA......



The house was ready for a sweet little Sylvanian bear to move in..... This little bear had apparently been tossed out of the Sylvanian house as she was "bery bery naughty!'


Now after watching Little Madame spend hours playing with this cute little box house, I got to thinking, what about stacking and glueing a few boxes on top of one another, you could make a big house with a few rooms.... A mansion in fact, and it would cost next to nothing, You could let your little ones design their very own homes..... Which also lead me to thinking about all the gorgeous toys that I always tell LSO she really, really wants.... Are the toys for Little Madame OR for me?...... Mmmm I wonder?....  And what ever you do, don't tell LSO xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx