There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 10 June 2013

Mug Hug

Yesterday was a very cold day so Little Madame and I decided it was a Chillax day! We ate Pancakes in bed for breakfast, she then played with Lego - Now I need to tell the creators of Lego  - WELL DONE on the girly Lego what a WiNnEr!  And as for me, I really relaxed, my favourite all time comedy, The Big Bang Theory,   was running a day long marathon, It was Heaven I tell you, sheer Heaven! I made many cups of tea, now half way through one of the said cups of tea I noticed that it was getting very cold very quickly!! Mmmmmm  was not happy about that , on a cold day one needs(with a large amount of need!) hot, no not just Hot but PIPING HOT tea or coffee! Of course this send me off on a crochet frenzy!

Pancake Left Overs

A few months back LSO had brought me a crochet magazine from the UK called Simply Crochet, an article had caught my eye, a kitchen article, so I went in search of said magazine,because it had in it exactly what I was looking for....... not in the lounge pile...... not in the toilet pile.....not in the kitchen pile...... Oh, there it was in the bedroom pile.... a sweet little Mug Hug was needed.... a very girly thing indeed!!(wait you will see... it genius!)

About To Begin..

So while we lay in bed and watched  The Big Bang Theory (Will say it again, my favorite all time comedy - I adore Sheldon!!) I whipped it up and I do say whipped because it took no time at all! I am either getting super quick or these last few patterns I have crocheted are super easy! I like to this I am becoming super fast....(insert a big smile here)

Very Clever Pattern
Literally, cast on 42 stitches and  9 rows of crochet, alternating a treble and double crochet, a very small increase and a button hole, which was so easy, normally I have to really concentrate when doing button holes but this was really so easy! I popped myself off the haven that is  my bed and went in search of a button(that handy bottle of odd buttons) Found the perfect one, sewed it on, and sewed the very bottom together and wait for it........

Ta Dah ... A Mug Hug!

Ta Dah!! A MUG HUG! It really is so very cute, and to be honest my mugs are very boring and drab and WHITE! Not sure why, when I love colour so much, every where else you look in my house there is a riot of colour going on, but my mugs well drab and boring...... so they were really in need of something to help them out!  


And you know me, I never can stop at one, and well there are 6 mugs.....


So back to the original plan... Keeping my tea warm, weeeelllllll the jury is still out on that particular bit of science.... Maybe I should enlist Sheldon's help, but then again maybe not, all I really want is HOT tea not an entire thesis on the molecular process of why my crazy cute mug hugs won't work........ I like to thing they are working just fine ......... xxx

PSS:: Mmmm I know how your minds all work you are not even looking at the Mug Hugs just the accompanying Biscuits.... my new recipe.... WATCH THIS SPACE!

1 comment:

  1. I always read your blogs, they are so funny and entertaining. may be its because I am your biggest fan. YOUR babes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx