There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 3 June 2013

A Little Crochet Monkey Business...

At the moment, I have two gorgeous friend who are both about to have little bundles of joy, and because I have been so very busy making 'Dazzling Dance Dresses' I have not had a moment to crochet the blankets that I had promised myself I would make for each of them...... Also as you all know my attention span to finish things ...... well it is REALLY short. 

I wanted them both to have something unique and really cute and this set my mind in motion, well it is always racing like a steam train..... no let me correct that the Japanese the bullet train! A while ago on Pintrest I had seen the most adorable little dummy chains(pacifier  - for all you Americans) Sweet little flowers, well since neither of my friends were telling the sex of said little bundles of joy, I needed to come up with an alternative...... 

When I first started to crochet I had started to buy a series at our local newsagent on crochet, and was sure I had seen what I was looking for in these books,  so down to my craft room I went and pawed through the 3 files and sure enough there they were little animal heads - Monkeys, Ellie's, Bears and Tigers, they were so, so sweet! And exactly what I was looking for!

The Pattern
I had everything I needed and got to work right away, now would you believe it twenty minutes later the head was done....... you stuff the head  as you go, and simply crochet the hole closed - people who create these patterns are so  very clever!


Stuff As You Go
 
Might Make A Good Ball


Twenty Minute Ears
I am not telling you a lie, when I say the ears took about three minute each, the little monkey head was DONE!! Talk about quick and EASSSSYYYY!!
 
 
So Sweet



Next came finishing off, add some circles to the ears, stitching them on with a running stitch, and then attach the ears onto the side of the head!

One Ear

I was smitten and I knew that I would be making these for every single one of my friends who were expecting from now on.... I mean, look at the picture below, is it not the sweetest!(even if it's not finished)

Two Ears

Half A Face
 
 The face was also made out of felt and stitched on separately, little pink cheeks and a mouth and nose and it was beginning to look like the cutest little monkey ever!! I sewed a brooch pin on the back and added a long piece of ribbon to it, you can just loop the dummy onto it and it was good to keep dummy from getting lost....Why oh why did was I not crocheting when my Little Madame was born...


Awwwww!


I'm In Love
 Next was a sweet little elephant, it  was super quick, actually even quicker than the monkey as there was less detail in the face, the little trunk however was a challenge, and I ended up just doing my own thing, which of course will be a problem should anyone ever want another 'ellie' but it is also so incredibly cute, I just cannot make up my mind which one is cuter.......
   

Ellie Making
   
Ribbon On
  
All Done
 So I am happy to report that both of these beautiful woman that I call my friends have subsequently brought two bouncing baby boys into the world! I have yet to meet either of them as I have had a very bad head cold and been poorly for a few days..... but plan on making a trip, for baby cuddles later this week.

Josce and Nick -  Welcome to the world precious boys, may your lives be blessed with love and laughter, and may you bring joy to all who meet you .......xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx