There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Fairy Magic

 
EXCITED, seems a very small and underrated word to try and describe how I was feeling in December when I went I was picked up by my friend Olivia and we trundled up the hill..... to Zolita's  Remember Zolita's? Yes, thats right,  Zolita the CUPCAKE GURU!!! We were off on another Cupcake Icing adventure....
 
Zolita's Beautiful Shop
 
Both of us were really excited about this course as we both have little girls and what do little girls like - FAIRY'S, and this was a Whimsical Fairy course, which meant that we would be learning how to make  teeny,tiny,small but totally gorgeous little fairy and forest creatures. I could hardly contain my excitement when we arrived and saw the adorable little fairy's she had already made!  
  
 
Zolita's Sleeping Fairy
 
Sweet Sitting Fairy and  a Toadstool Town
 
So where to begin? I really don't want to bore you by trying to explain exactly how to make these sweet little fairy's,  The process is long and very labour intense. Zolita explained to us that it is an art form to her and that nothing need be perfect - and to be honest, through a child's eyes they would look perfect anyway!

Tables in Waiting
When you arrive at the store, the tables are ready with 4 beautiful little cupcakes, fondant icing,  all the tools  on the table, all good to go!  It is a sort of explain as you go class which is really clever as no one gets left behind and no one can race ahead, making you feel like you need to hurry! There were only 3 of us on this course which was brilliant as it gave you extra attention by Zolita - which meant extra tips and very helpful information too..... We learned how to  mix two colours together to give a two toned effect and even how to tie dye icing! We fast became very good at doing Icing hairstyles, tiny little arms and legs(this was a challenge for me - I kept getting LOOOOONG legs and very short arms) Designer icing dresses were soon being made - Christian Dior would have been proud! Hair accessories came next and very soon Zolita was sitting with us and making another one of her little masterpieces and chatting awy with us  like old friends

Fairy Dresses Being Designed

My Litte Fairy
 
I chose blue as my fairies little dress and as you can see from the picture above. Can you see the two toned effect? I felt like I had worked on her for only a few minutes so  when I looked at the time, I was suprised to see that nearly two hours had rushed by! but I having such fun and was so very happy with the end result. She is sooo cute, I really could not believe that I had made this sweet little thing - I was EcStATiC to say the least.

Zolita's Two Masterpieces

The Other Girls Masterpieces

My Masterpieces, And Zolita's Little Elf
I eventually got Two little fairy's made, and a toadstool city! But as I said in the beginning it was very labour intense, a TOTAL labour of love if you make these for anything except money, were my thoughts on the way home..... When Little Madame saw these she shrieked and whooped and jumped around - she wanted to eat them, I wanted her to NOT eat them - I had just spent 4 very looonnnggg hours producing two  teeny tiny fairy's. Who do you think won that round?  Yes, that's right Little Madame! She declared them "yummy yummy in her tummy" good and promptly decided that for her next birthday she would like a fairy tea party with lots of fairy's just like those  on her  Birthday cake.......Mmmmm ...... Think I will call Zolita and find out how much she charges?..... xxx 


Butterfly Fairy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx