There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Sunday 5 May 2013

So Easy.....

 
You know when something is so easy that it is hard to believe..... Well a  few weeks ago,  I was told about three recipes that  just seemed  too good to be true, simply because they were so ridiculously easy...... And by easy I mean Super Easy, like EaSy LeMoN SqUeAsY type of EASY..... So I decided to try them all out ..... And here are the results - they really are so easy and so quick - I just love them!
  
The first, is possibly the most difficult because it is jam(Don't PANIC!) BUT a jam like you have never ever tasted before...... It actually is a huge TA DAH all on its own and possibly deserves a post of its own but as I mentioned it is so easy... so here it is TA DAAAHHH  - Carrot Cake Jam!  my cheffy sister sent it to me and said to try it so I did. Now even LSO who is not the jammiest person in the world likes it ...... I really should keep this a secret recipe but I can't it's just too good!
  
Cindy's scrumpy CARROT CAKE JAM
 
1 1/2 cups finely grated Carrot(the only tedious part)
1 Tin crushed Pineapple
1 1/2 cups chopped Pear(peeled too)
3 Tbs Lemon Juice
1  tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
 1/2 tsp of Cloves
4 cups Sugar
 
So now put everything in a pot and  bring to the boil then let it simmer for an 20 min
Add the sugar - and let it dissolve while stirring
Bring to rolling boil for about 20 min - stir it every now and again
Pour into sterilised bottles - DONE!
It looks runny but when it cools it is perfect jam consistency
 

Of course I needed something to put it on before Applying to Mouth, so I made some Carrot and Cream Cheese muffins ...... Well I was grating mountains of carrots anyway... so why not..... 



My Best  Cook Books

Easy peasy no 2: My friend Kerry, who I have mentioned before told me about theses scones, and  I actually did not believe her, the ingredients were way to simple so I told my dear friend Jenna about them, well midway through the same afternoon I was getting text messages about how yummy these scones were so I tried them the next day ......

Kerry's  Yummy Scones(you are NEVER going to believe this)

500g Self raising Flour
1 can of Sprite (maybe 7up if you in the UK or USA)
250ml Cream
a pinch of Salt

Mix everything together
Put in to greased muffin tins
Bake at 200 degrees for about 13- 15 min

Take out , and while still warm put some Carrot Cake Jam on the top and Apply to Mouth!!


The Making


Light and Fluffy


So Yummy!

My Pride and Joy!

Last but not least - while watching some healthy cooking program on TV (what do you mean, you?  YES ME! I can be healthy - well if I  REALLY want too) I saw a cheffy type person making Banana, Honey and Peanut Butter Ice Cream!

The consistency looked amazing, just like ice cream and it was pretty healthy!
 
Banana,Peanut Butter and Honey Ice Cream

Banana's (as many as you want, I used 4)
1 Tbs Peanut Butter
1 Tbs Honey

Chop the banana's and lay them on a tray
Place them in the freezer and allow to freeze solid
Take them out and put into a food processor and whizzzzzzz
Add the Peanut Butter and Honey
Whizzzzzzzz

Put into a bowl grab a spoon and yes, you guessed it! - Apply to Mouth!



So what is the lesson in all this Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy food ? You do not have to be Nigella, Gordon, Jamie or any of the Master Chefs in order to create yummy easy and non time consuming food, just bloomin adventurous! I mean really, sprite in scones and carrot cake jam ........ We can be the Bear Gryllis of our kitchens. Just take that  LEAP! xxx

1 comment:

  1. so lovely ash:) thanks for sharing x casey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx