There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 13 May 2013

Ye Old Fashion Sweets

While making all the Pink Food for Little Madames  Fairy Tea Party recently, I made Coconut Ice. A very vintage type sweet, I can remember my mom and aunt making Coconut Ice for school fete's. And it always seem to be the first thing that sold out..... Coconut Ice is the sort of a sweet that everyone likes but no one ever seems to make. I would make it constantly as I love it( but then again I love anything sweet, I was not born with a sweet tooth but a set of very large sweet TEETH!) One can buy it in a shop but very often shop bought coconut ice is really dry and bland!
 
 
Pink and White Yumminess!
 I found a really good recipe that I thought I would share with you , I am making bucket loads at the moment as a very dear Friend is getting married soon and asked me if I would make literally bucket loads for her desert table!!
 
Idea's Magazine
I know that I always go on about how easy things are but this is throw every thing together divide in two and put into the fridge! No effort and no baking! Easy Peasy to say the least.....

Coconut Ice

280g Icing Sugar
1ml Cream of Tartar
1 can Condensed Milk
270g Desiccated Coconut
Pink Food Colouring

Sift the icing sugar and cream of tartar
Add the condensed milk and half the coconut - stir well
Add the remaining coconut and mix well
Divide the mixture add a few drop of pink food colouring to one half
Press the pink mixture into a grease baking dish
Followed by the white!
Put into the fridge and allow to set for about an hour

Cut into squares and you guessed it!  Apply to Mouth! Yummy!


The Pink

The White
Little Madame wanted in on the Act so I gave her a small bowl, and she made a tiny amount! You can see the lovely pink and white  colours of the Coconut Ice below!
 

Baby Coconut Ice
So all the Coconut ice is now made and in my Freezer, did I mention that it freezes really well?



 
So I think that trying out some more vintage type sweets is going to be my new "thing" My mother has promised me my great Aunt Edie's recipe book, maybe there will be vintage sweets in that! So marshmallows next or perhaps fudge - Ooooooo I just Lurve fudge!! ...... Now where is my recipe book......xxx


PS:: It would also seem that different coconut make differnt textured coconut ice. The top picture is really course and the bottom picture more refined - still all tastes really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx