There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Bakerman Bakerman!

It is probably one of my Favourite Activities at Little Madames school, actually I think it is hers too.

What I hear you all ask?.... Why Baker Baker of course!

What is Baker Baker I hear you all ask?..... It is the little peeps time to bring  yummy tasty treats to school for all their class mates.....( baked by mom of course!)

When Little madame heard it was her turn to be Baker Baker, she headed of to the kitchen to look for something special and yummy, 'mama it has to be the yummiest thing ever.....' CUPCAKES she announced, now quiet honestly I was not to excited by this prospect but wait until you see what she found! Bearing in mind that it is one week after Halloween, and monster and creepy things are still very fresh in her little mind.... 'Creepy Cupcakes please mama!!'

After much debating, (she wanted pink and purple cupcakes, with sparkles of course and that is certainly not CREEPY!) it was decided that we would make green cupcakes which was according to her.... well .... CREEEEPPPPYYY!!

My cupcake recipe is a Nigella one (DUH- who else?) And tell me gorgeous peeps, what am I going to say next, yes you got it - It's EASY!!!!

125g Butter
125g Castor Sugar
125g Flour
10 ml Baking Powder
2 Eggs
50ml Milk

Mix all together!
Spoon into cupcake bases
Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes

EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY!!



The Cupcake Basics



Batter All Done

My baking Cupboard
Stash
Onto the butter cream icing/frosting( actually think I am going to call it frosting from now on, it just sounds so glamorous) Now, Frosting can sometimes be sickly sweet and have  really unrefined texture! You see a gorgeous cupcake, bite into it and end up putting it down because it is overly sweet. Well I have come up with a method that ensures lovely light and fine frosting, and while on  the cupcake course a few weeks ago, the lovely Zolita, gave us her frosting recipe which certainly is not sickly sweet, so try it!

Zolita's Frosting

120g  Vegetable Shorting
120g Butter
5ml  Vanilla Essence
500g Icing Sugar
40ml Milk

She says mix it all together for 20min and you are done

It's really good, BUT ....... try this out - beat the butter and shortening for 10 min actually as long as you canthen add all the rest of the ingredients and beat till you can see a change in the consistency of the icing..... You can see the texture change.,(I leave mine beating while I clean up! I try for 30 min at least!)   It really is fine and smooth and melts in your mouth!! It really is worth the time and effort!


Fluffy Clouds of Yummy Frosting

Just thought I would show you this, it's call a docking station and it is installed on my kitchen island, so that you can work  with all your electrical equipment on the island! It has various plug points and is one of the best thing's I  installed in our kitchen..... and it pulls up and disappears into the island so no wasted space! INGENIOUS!


It's Up!


It's Gone!

So now for the Creepy Yummy Little Cupcakes, I used all sorts of odd things I found in the store, to decorate them,  gummy teeth ,googly eyes, marshmallows,smarties liquorish all sorts...... Oh  and fizzers, they are great for moulding, I made tongue's and arms out of them. Just roll them in your hands to make them warm and then fashion out what you need! It was such fun!(the tongue's even look wet!-Euwwww!) As you can see from the pictures below! 

Little Madame Found Them in The Martha Stewart Cupcake Book

 Our Creepy Cupcakes

So Much Fun

Can You See The Fizzer Tongue


My Imagination Ran Wild

My Favourite Four Eyed Monster

Love His Teeth

Little Madame squealed with delight when she saw them, so that told me all I needed to know! She was H-A-P-P-Y!! I think that the rest of her class will be happy to. I covered a tray with foil and popped on a skeleton, and  put the cupcakes on this, then added the left over gummy eyes, teeth and bones and just to add to the overall cute creeeeeppppyyyness I add some huge gum spiders!! YUCKY! Lots of happy screams and laughter were to be heard the next morning, and I believe they had lots of fun eating and pretending with the creepy cupcakes.....Such a little effort for such huge fun!   And as you know, what makes my Little Madame happy, makes me H-A-P-P-Y! xxx
   

Creepy Cupcakes!

Such Fun For Kds!

Yummy Little Monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx