There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 2 November 2015

Another Heavenly Cookies

I think that by ,  you  must all know, I LOVE A GOOD COOKIE! Its a very odd thing, I cannot resist a little home made cookie. Shop bought cookies do not  interest me in the least. purchase shop made cookies, I can happily walk past my cookie jar and not touch one, however if I make a batch of tasty yummy fresh home made cookies they are consumed, no not consumed.... hoovered up in a few days. Not only my yours truly, LSO and Little Madame are not far behind.

Finding a new recipe is always a very happy moment for  me.  I like trying new recipes I get excited about new recipes , honestly I do.  I think that I have admitted this before.... I  am just a  little OCD about cookies!
 
I was trawling for a tasty treat ago, when I looked in my Hummingbird Bakery Book, not expecting to find a whole section on Cookies.... a small section but a good one. . I was trying to look for something a little healthy, vaguely healthy .... I try and tell myself that I have to at least try, not only for my rear end but for my family too.....



So.... was it to be double chocolate chip? Peanut butter? White chocolate and pecan nut? Sugar cookies? Well ...plain ole oat and raisin won! They are billed as a 'lovely, cinnamon cookie made with rolled oats, what could be nicer?


 
Out came the trusty Kenwood and I got baking. Soon the mixer going - eggs, sugar, oats and butter were beating and whizzing. As with most cookie recipes it was simple. Actually I find with most baking, as long as you don't deviate from the recipe too much, you are ok!
 
As with most of the recipes I post..... credit must go to Hummingbird Bakery(one of my favorite places to visit when in the UK)
 
Oat and Raisin Cookies 
 
270g Butter(room temp)
160g Castor Sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
380g Flour
1 tsp Salt
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
110g Oats
220g Raisins
 
Cream the butter and sugar
Add eggs one at a time, beat in the vanilla essence
Mix the flour, bicarb, salt and cinnamon in a seperate bowl
Add to the butter mix-beat well
Stir in the oats and raisins
Place equal portions on a well greased baking tray - allow for spreading
Bake at 170degrees Celsius for 12 minutes
 
Soon the mouth watering smell of baking biscuits was wafting through our house, they certainly are cinnamony because that was the heady spicy smell that was permeating everything! 
 
 

As you can see they were being eaten as they came out the oven! They were light and sweet, the oats and raisins made them very homely, the cinnamon made them that little bit exotic. They were a winner with the entire family!I certainly will make them again.... and again and AGAIN......xxx


PS:: A few  cookies even made it into the cookie jar..... but not for long!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx