There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 4 August 2014

Sock It To Me Baby!!!


For the last few weeks I have had a desperate urge or maybe a need to knit some socks...... yes a bit weird I know, but the truth never the less! It might be that there is a slight chill in the air and my need is really to create something warm to pop onto my ALWAYS icy tootsies!
 
So I have been trawling the world wide web for a pair of socks to knit - but whoa, WHOA!!! They all seem really difficult, involving about 15 needles(well only 4 really) and large amount of high concentration and you know that with a Little Madame around.... this is no mean feat in fact it is just not possible! I remember calling my Mom ( she was the queen of knitting) a few years back to discuss said sock knitting..... she told me that it was a very difficult process especially "turning  the heel" - what???? Ok, so shelve that idea, move on, do something else...... However when there is an idea brewing for me..... Well you all know me by now!
  
When I was looking through my crochet magazines a few weeks ago, I came across a pattern to crochet socks..... Well why not I thought!!!
 
Yes - A Toe Section
Now as you can see it all started quiet well. I sat quietly one afternoon and began, I struggled a bit with the toe but persevered and it finally started to look like the toe of a sock! 
 
Looking Better

Slow and steady is my motto when I am tacking anything new, but slow was an understatement in this case, I was constantly counting  stitches, making mistakes and then pulling it all out ! But still in general it  sort-of-looked-looked like a sock!
 
Waiting to be Finished!
I eventually put it down.... a little break was needed, and here began the problem, a problem of epic proportions! Fast forward a few day  - and yes you guessed it I had no idea where I was! My little note paper with the rows marked off had disappeared ( I think a certain Little Madam had drawn pretty fairy pictures on it) I was lost, no matter what I tried and how many rows I counted I could not seem to pick up where I had left off!
 
So I did what any sensible hooky girl would do! I pulled it all out to begin again!
 
Disaster!
I have not begun again - NO! I just can't seem to bring myself to try it again! Socks and me - Well maybe not a good match!  A sad ball of yarn has  often called to me as I pass it by! It really desperately wants to be a sock, well a pair actually! But alas........ I  feel at this point it is very important to tell you that I do fail at sometimes. I don't always get everything right and perfect the first time....  
 
  
Love This Magazine!
However..... I never ever let something get the better of me! SOOO imagine my JOY when I opened the latest issue(Well, latest here in SA) of Simply Crochet and found a sock pattern, I have  read the pattern through and it reread it just in case I missed something and it looks pretty easy! Easy enough for me to TRY and get right? I think so!
  
Stripy Socks!

Pretty In Pink!
Although my ball of blue yarn is still waiting to become something beautiful... I decided that a pair of soft pink socks would be perfect... Have I started yet ? Nope, I am finishing a beautiful ripple baby blanket for a special little person, who will be here in December but next on the production line..... PRETTY PINK SOCKS - Watch this space ........ xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx