There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Thursday 24 July 2014

Clever Dick or Cheaty Petey?


There are two ways to look at this post.... by the end of it you will all either thing I am really clever or a big fat cheat!
 
When ever I get house guests or friends over, they have come to  expect something yummy and decadent to eat, I pride myself on always having a full cookie jar, or a cake just waiting to be guzzled up. However sometimes just sometimes..... I will be caught with my pants down so to speak! There will be an empty cookie jar and nothing that can be applied to mouth! I hate this as I am a feeder! I love nothing more than seeing a family member or friend tuck into something I have baked! So what do I do....... well I sort of CHEAT or am really CLEVER depending how you see it........
 
About 2 years ago I was perusing the baking aisle of my local food store when I came upon some premixed muffin packets! They are a brand called Snowflake and are called 'easymix!' And  the name says it all! 
 
The Naughty Cheat!
 I bought some to try however they lay in my cupboard and eventually got weavels, I threw them away. I bought another packet to try and this time, I actually did try them. Much to all our dismay, they were actually quiet good! so I bought another flavour...... at this point I must tell you they are super easy - you add 3 things - oil, water and eggs! They should be a basic in any grocery cupboard!


Three Ingreindents
 One afternoon LSO asked for something chocolaty to eat..... 'like a chocolaty muffiny thing' Of course his wish is my command! I was looking in the cupboard when I spotted a Vanilla mix..... This was not going to be difficult at all...... I added 3 slabs of white chocolate, chopped into chunks   - I ALWAYS have heaps of chocolate in my secret cupboard- its secret cause if LSO knows where the chocolate is it is finished it a minute -I have NEVER seen anyone that can eat chocolate like he can, well except for me that is!  With some White chocolate ganche - they were really good! I tried a few variations, added raisins, cherries, cranberries, dark chocolate and even chopped up bar ones(mars bars)Butter cream icing works well too! Anything works!
 
So when I had guests a few days ago, (with nothing to feed them) out came  the Savour easymix! I mean sometime a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! I made the mix up and then went hunting for yummy things to add - I found jalapenos, feta cheese and some cheddar, in it went!

Yummy!

Ready To Bake
The smell was AMAZING! It came wafting through the house and crept up our noses, begging to be eaten......And they were deliciously wonderful!! I added some Bacon jam to each plate and served!
They looked mouth watering and were a huge hit!



End Result!
Now here comes the dilemma...... I was asked for the recipe...... Did I come clean or not? I really REALLY wanted to say it was all me and say that  they were my own, however I owed up, they were  made from a packet! This honesty was meet with much guffawing and teasing ! I was mortified..... I got to thinking about it afterwards, late that night in bed..... I did really make them myself, I did, really I did, I mean think about it, I added all the extras and made them look good, didn't I ? LSO was gentle and kind when he said although I had added everything it was still a cheat....... So you decide Clever Dick or Cheaty Petey? Personally - I think I am pretty darn CLEVER and I bet even Nigella occasionally takes the easy route! ..... xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx