There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 5 May 2014

Mad Scientist Stuff.....

It all about experiments in our house right now, like mad scientist experiments.... Little Madame likes nothing better than mixing and brewing! She loves it! I have no idea where she gets it( I am certainly no scientist - as my poor science teacher would have told you! )

I often put Little Madame in the bath with lots of little bowls full of "science" stuff (flour, sugar, food colouring, bath salts, Eno's, Baking soda..... well you get the picture) She spends hours and hours being a 'Mad Scientist' , its in the bath so no mess, no fuss!  We go to the Science Centre often..... She works things out, I hook - that is as scientific as I get!  

So today's very quick post is  simply this - GLOOP! Made with three ingredients and no effort at all - Here goes..... The quickest post ever.....
 
Gloop!
Corn Flour - 3 tablespoons
Water
Food Colouring( in our case PURPLE)
A bowl
A Spoon
A bit of Glitter(of course - no self respecting scientist would be with out glitter!)

Three Things
Put the corn flour into said bowl! Add the food colouring, and add the water a bit at a time, suddenly it will be hard to mix! Boom! You have the right consistency. Now scoop it up and put it into eager little hands!

Corn Flour

Food Colouring and Water

Mix!

Feels Hard - You Good To Go...
It is hard at first and then starts to run, so do it over a bowl! I was playing with it after a while too! It is such fun!

That's it! Did I mention it is so easy to clean up too, it just washes away! Good for me too!

Runny

Funny!

Gloop!

Hard!

Soft!

Lots Of Fun!
Please forgive me for this not being the most creative post, but I really wanted to share this fun activity with you. Now, if you want to be  'The best mom ever!'  Little Madame's words not mine! give it a go!  
 
Just thought of the other fun sciency  thing we often do.... Vinegar and Bi Carbonate Soda in a pill bottle with a flip lid - explodes like a rocket ship. Add the about 2 tablespoon of vinegar to a quarter of a teaspoon of Bi Carb, closed the lid, leave it for a few seconds and BOOM rocket ship! Oooh maybe I am a Mad Science Mom after all!  xxx 
 
PS: I am almost finished with a big Hooky Ta Dah! Watch this space
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx