There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Tuesday 21 January 2014

New Year Ta Dahhhhh!!

It's been in production for  a long, long, long time  but here it is .... finally! It is finished, can you believe it, No ? Well to be honest neither can I , and I bet that you have all looked down the page already and seen the my big Ta Dah is in actual fact the Two shades of Grey Blanket! YES,  lovely peeps it is FINALLY finished after two long years, actually, when I think about it, it is longer, I started these, beautiful flowers when I had just learnt to crochet, and that was about 4 years ago.....  

Two Shades of Grey

The Story of this blanket seems somewhat epic. I first saw these Japanese flowers on Attic24 my FaVoRiTe blog in the whole wide world of cyber space! Lovely Lucy had made a scarf, a long soft delicate beautiful scarf, and of course I had to have one, even though I was a raw,  let me say that again RAW beginner. I sat down and got stuck in, and slowly worked it out. It was painful but in the end, I totally got it right, BUT alas as you can read in this post, it was not to be!

And A Little Pink

And so it was shelved, while I pondered it.... actually, to be honest, it was forgotten... This post and then I had an epiphany in the middle of the night.... This post and the blanket was born...  that seems like it was ages ago, and it was, I gave you an update on it last year - Here. Now four posts dedicated to one blanket seems excessive, yes even to me! But here it is and it is all done and dusted.... The pictures above are not great, I found it very difficult to photograph, it is awfully big!


It Is Huge

 
I have to do this simply because this blanket and my finger deserve a big fat, WELL DONE! So......Brace yourselves....... Here it comes......TA DAH!!!!!

And Warm
 
I asked LSO to take a few pictures of me and my "Two Shades Of Grey Blanket" As you can see I am pretty chuffed with myself! It is just like Lovely Lucy's scarf! It is soft, warm and BeAuTiFuL!!


And I Am HAPPY!
And now I hear you all ask, what are you going to do with yet ANOTHER crocheted blanket? That my lovely peeps is an easy answer... It is going to be given with all my LOVE to a very special person, who has wanted it with a sore heart since she saw it. It will wing its way oversea to the very cold city of Baltimore in the USA. and do a good job of keeping my baby sister warm! So my darling Cindy this one is for you.... xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx