There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Saturday 23 June 2012

A Bad and Good Ta Dah!

So remember those BeAuTiFuL Japanese Flowers? I am very sad to report that as beautiful as they looked while I was making them........ my idea of turning them into a snood was not one of my best idea's!  As a matter of a fact, it was a BAD idea! I am not sure why but these gorgeous flowers just wont lie right when wound around my neck, no matter which way I try they stick up all wrong as you can see from the pictures below.  The yarn that I used is not the best quality, I had loads of it from the "Learn to Crochet " series, its a harder type of yarn than the Elle Gold that I now crochet with and use for everything else and I think there in lie's the problem...... I must admit I was very excited when I had finished the last one, and started to sew them all together, and soooo very, very, very sad that they are not what I envisioned! I will have to rethink the entire project, and maybe go back and look at Lucy from Attic 24's Gorgeous Scarf, which you can look at here . I have another IDEA, maybe turning then into that blanket that I was on about not so long ago....... What do you think lovely peeps?

They Looked So Lovely......

See What I Mean?

Don't Know Why I Am Smiling..... I should Be Crying!

BUT .......... Remember how I  told you how I get so EXCITED over new things I see..... Well I subscribe to an on line yarn site called Lion Brands, I receive a Newsletter from them, which I usually glance over and delete. As I was about to delete it, I saw this gorgeous little Petite scarf,  soooo while I was pinning out the  Japanese flowers I grabbed my hook and yarn and got going on this litle scarfy thing! And WOW, it has worked out so well!! It has almost made up for the total disappointment of my Japanese flowers -ALMOST!( Sorry to go on about them but they were such hard work and my heart is heavy!)



It is crocheted around a row of chains and only has 4 rows to it, so it is very simple. And very quick, and you know how I like quick! Remember however that it is an America pattern so they speak American crochet not English Crochet,(If that makes any sense at all) USA double crochet = British treble crochet! There that's better!

I have already made a few for friends and my dear friend Carol Clark(who is an amazing designer)  has requested some for her shop! So exciting!!!!



See how happy I look in the picture above! So very impressed with myself and my gorgeous little scarf. I can highly recommend you trying one out for yourself, It's cute, its easy and its very very warm! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx