There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 1 October 2012

Spring Flower Brooch

 
As you know I love crocheting...... In just over 2 years it has become a huge PASSION!! I have been called a 'granny' and been looked at in all kinds of funny ways when I whip out my crocheting in public, but I DO NOT CARE!  and I constantly trawl the Internet looking for pretty things to crochet, on one such trawling expedition I came across this gorgeous flower. It just sprung off the page at me, I felt that I-have-to -make -one -right-now thing happening! So here are the fruits of my labour ....... Spring Flower Brooch  
 
 
The Pattern and The First Flower

I Like It But It's A bit Plain!
 
 Felt flower Cut Out
  
My Box Of Tricks
  
Think That Will Do Nicely



Very Nicely Indeed!
 
As I was going off to sleep that night I had another idea so bright and early after the school run, I started making more pretty frothy flowers and here are a few more.....
 
Eight Lovely Brooches
 

My Favourite!

So Pretty!

Another Favourite!
 
As you can see I got totally carried away(which is not unusual for me?) , and am never ever going to wear them all! Sooooooo I think I should give one away...... To you my  lovely reading peeps...... BECAUSE I now have so many of you reading my blog, and passing the word around about it.... So. here is what I think, leave a comment with your Email Address in the comment box, and I will throw all you names into a hat a draw out a lucky Spring Brooch Receiver, and send it to you where ever you are......... Would you like that? I sure hope so.... on that note let me say  thank you all so much for reading my happy little blog! xxx
 
 
PS:: You will find the brooch pattern here! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Ahh Ashley, they are so beautiful and just what one needs to see all day to make you smile :-)
    Kathy hilkat@absamail.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash!! I am addicted to your blog! I am dying to learn how to crochet. Bought a hook and wool already. Is there a easy way to start? Oh - and I made your white chic cranberry cookies on Friday - so decadent and delicious!! Had to make a jar of them for a friend too! Love these spring brooches - lesleyforbes@webstorm.co.za .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really stunning Ash! One day I will make those...but for today I'm making two Victorian Sponge cakes for Grans birthday lunch:) Hope you've had a wonderful holiday.
    Love
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx