There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 22 August 2016

Life's a Beach.....

I had a beautiful morning...... a good friend asked me to go for a walk with her on the beach.....She is a keen photographer and wanted to walk slowly and take pictures. The scenery was incredible. We walked and walked down the beach, stopping to take  pictures and pick up sea glass. We live in a beautiful part of the world -  Judge for yourselves, no words are necessary......







 

 




 






 


 

After our walk we had coffee. We told each other long tales of life, we laughed a lot, we cried a little, we poured our hearts out to each other......We stopped talking every now and again to point out beautiful waves, sunlight catching the beach sand perfectly, a tiny bird bathing in a puddle, an old married couple with long boards making their way down to surf. My beautiful friend is moving away soon, I will miss the epic-funny-heartwarming conversations we have. I will miss  her because she is real, I will miss her spur of the moment fun.......I know however we are life long friends and where ever she goes we will remain close.....Honestly, there is no better friend than that....xxx

PS:: Love you B!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, its so easy to overlook everything you have pointed out in this blog. You cannot put a price on a more special friendship. I have grown up in Durban so I am privileged enough witness these Beautiful images on a weekly basis. I have made a promise to myself not to take the beauty of this City for granted. I told my dad to come with me to the beach yesterday afternoon, we saw giant crabs like the one seen in the last image! It was so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xxx